Bo'ness United 2018/19

Not so sure about Campbell as MOTM as Campbell put Bo'ness under a lot of pressure when he gave away the penalty, from what we could see it looked like a stone waller and speaking to a couple of the players afterwards they also thought it was a stone waller, there was no need for Ross to attempt any challenge the player was going away from goal towards the edge of the 18 yard box all Ross had to do was jockey the guy.

After the penalty I thought Newtongrange were the better side and looked more likely to win it in 90 minutes, Bo'ness brought on Josh MacDonald at the start of extra time and moved Dev into the middle of the park, which gave Bo'ness a better balance, in extra time Bo'ness for me looked the team more likely to win.

The penalties couldn't have started worse for Bo'ness as Newtongrange scored their first and Marty Wrights opener landed in Bonnyrigg!! Some well taken penalties after that from both sides and a couple of decent saves by Murphy allowed Campbell the opportunity to redeem himself for his first half f@ck up, low and behold Campbell takes a penalty any centre forward would be proud of and Bo'ness sneak through by the skin of their teeth!

Arsehole of the night must go to the Newtongrange number 4, acted like an absolute tadger after his penalty then again after Bo'ness won the penalty shoot out!

My MOTM was Syme, who I thought had one of his best games in a Bo'ness shirt last night was solid all night and contributed going forward with no cover from the man playing directly in front of him.

4 hours ago, Legless said:

Not so sure about Campbell as MOTM as Campbell put Bo'ness under a lot of pressure when he gave away the penalty, from what we could see it looked like a stone waller and speaking to a couple of the players afterwards they also thought it was a stone waller, there was no need for Ross to attempt any challenge the player was going away from goal towards the edge of the 18 yard box all Ross had to do was jockey the guy.

After the penalty I thought Newtongrange were the better side and looked more likely to win it in 90 minutes, Bo'ness brought on Josh MacDonald at the start of extra time and moved Dev into the middle of the park, which gave Bo'ness a better balance, in extra time Bo'ness for me looked the team more likely to win.

The penalties couldn't have started worse for Bo'ness as Newtongrange scored their first and Marty Wrights opener landed in Bonnyrigg!! Some well taken penalties after that from both sides and a couple of decent saves by Murphy allowed Campbell the opportunity to redeem himself for his first half f@ck up, low and behold Campbell takes a penalty any centre forward would be proud of and Bo'ness sneak through by the skin of their teeth!

Arsehole of the night must go to the Newtongrange number 4, acted like an absolute tadger after his penalty then again after Bo'ness won the penalty shoot out!

My MOTM was Syme, who I thought had one of his best games in a Bo'ness shirt last night was solid all night and contributed going forward with no cover from the man playing directly in front of him.

Who was playing  directly in front of him? Previous engagement kept me away from the game.

Probably jinxed it now but I've been pleased at the improved discipline on the park since Max came in.  We were at the stage where it was a rarity to finish with 11, never mind all the yellows piling up.  Both have dropped considerably, although this weekend may buck that trend.

A wee reminder of the BU side that faced Bonnyrigg earlier in the season:- Murphy, McMullen, El-Zubaidi, Jacobs, Hunter, Syme, Jamie Shirra, Gemmell, Andy Shirra, Donnelly and Morgan.

Guessing at least 5 of those outfield players will be missing tomorrow when we visit Bonnyrigg........but at least we will hopefully be able to field some strikers. Looking forward to watching the BU's rise to the challenge of the rose.

Mon the BU's !!!

9 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Max Christie must be a new low for this lot. 

Shambles. 

Thought he managed you to a league title and a Junior Cup semi -in the same season-and only lost in a penalty shoot out to Talbot.

Short memory.