Bo'ness United 2018/19

The game was played on the outdoor 3G pitch behind the Oriam. The ball was bouncing true and there was no sign of any black balls...
.....like at Broxburn. Hopefully the new pitch at Newtown Park will be as good. Modern seating along 1 side of the pitch. No barrier in front of this seated area. Absolutely no facilities in the fenced off pitched area. Walk of about 150 yards to the toilets and Bistro.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

How was watching a match in the Oriam? Do they have somewhere to get a pie or bovril?

Was a bit like being at East Kilbride.  The artificial pitch is the most realistic thing there.  The fact that you have to leave the ground to go to a toilet is a farce and the place is not set up for fans.

Only one side used for spectators is always a recipe for a surreal atmosphere.

As for the game itself, quite an enjoyable one, marred only by conceding a goal after sloppy play.  Donnelly did well, as did Morgan after he came on but like DD my MOTM is given to wee Craig Comrie.  In amongst everything and a good passer of the ball, on what is the best artificial surface out there.

Was a bit like being at East Kilbride.  The artificial pitch is the most realistic thing there.  The fact that you have to leave the ground to go to a toilet is a farce and the place is not set up for fans.
Only one side used for spectators is always a recipe for a surreal atmosphere.
As for the game itself, quite an enjoyable one, marred only by conceding a goal after sloppy play.  Donnelly did well, as did Morgan after he came on but like DD my MOTM is given to wee Craig Comrie. In amongst everything and a good passer of the ball, on what is the best artificial surface out there.

I’ve been quite impressed with Comrie over the last few months. Thinking back to the game at Dunipace on their artificial surface which is more suited to ball on the deck passing, he played well. Even in the worst game I’ve ever watched in my life, away at Tynecastle a couple of months ago, he was probably the only player who got pass marks that day. Good to hear he played well again today.