Bo'ness United 2018/19

29 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf, not that long ago Spartans had a Junior side, and a few LL/EOSL clubs have Amateur outfits not U20s.

It sometimes works well to run a reserve team in the other grades.

Spartans Juniors was an oddity, first season missed out on promotion by 2 points, then for the next 3 they struggled before withdrawing, didn't have any support either.

This "other" Bo'ness United won't be connected to the "real" Bo'ness United as far as I can see, so not really a reserve team like Spartans, then again I never got the impression the "big" Spartans were really that interested in the "wee" Spartans anyway.

Here's a thing, let's say the ERJFA wangled their way into the Pyramid, what happens if the "other" Bo'ness Utd entered a LL play-off with the "real" Bo'ness Utd.......

Spartans Juniors was an oddity, first season missed out on promotion by 2 points, then for the next 3 they struggled before withdrawing, didn't have any support either.
This "other" Bo'ness United won't be connected to the "real" Bo'ness United as far as I can see, so not really a reserve team like Spartans, then again I never got the impression the "big" Spartans were really that interested in the "wee" Spartans anyway.
Here's a thing, let's say the ERJFA wangled their way into the Pyramid, what happens if the "other" Bo'ness Utd entered a LL play-off with the "real" Bo'ness Utd.......

The “real” Bo’ness Utd would fucking pump them obviously!

1 hour ago, 3 Valuable Points said:

They could stop them using the name Bo’ness United should/if they choose to do so

Not if they are calling themselves Bo'ness United Juniors.

Are we now the Scottish equivalent of Manchester?    (FC United of Manchester and Manchester United)

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The statement suggests there is going to be a clear link between community, junior and senior.   I think this will curtail a few Bo'ness supporters travelling with a game at the NPA most Saturday's.

Linlithgow Community Club Amateurs the next announcement to move juniors?

3 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The statement suggests there is going to be a clear link between community, junior and senior.   I think this will curtail a few Bo'ness supporters travelling with a game at the NPA most Saturday's.

Linlithgow Community Club Amateurs the next announcement to move juniors?

As we said before if the same situation happened at Linlithgow do you think anyone would stop watching the Rose to go and see a game that was in  reality Boness Amateurs - the answer is no one would and it is the same for Boness. This will not have an impact on their crowds in any way.

54 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

As we said before if the same situation happened at Linlithgow do you think anyone would stop watching the Rose to go and see a game that was in  reality Boness Amateurs - the answer is no one would and it is the same for Boness. This will not have an impact on their crowds in any way.

Different situations - they are playing out of Newton Park.   If the situation was similar at Linlithgow - any new team wouldn't be playing out of Prestonfield but  out the way at Kettlestoun.

Given a choice of travelling  or a pint at fisons and a game on the doorstep, then that may be a tempting to some.   

At the end of the day only time will tell if that becomes an issue or not

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not if they are calling themselves Bo'ness United Juniors.

Are we now the Scottish equivalent of Manchester?    (FC United of Manchester and Manchester United)

FC United Juniors of Bo'ness?

6 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

was there not a rumour of using the old Bonnybridge ground?

It's pretty much as bad as Little Kerse as a venue nowadays if you check it out on Google Maps satellite view, so if that was a contender I am not surprised it was ruled out.

It's pretty much as bad as Little Kerse as a venue nowadays if you check it out on Google Maps satellite view, so if that was a contender I am not surprised it was ruled out.

Grangemouth Stadium has to be in consideration as well seeing as its not been used since Falkirk Juniors folded. Ken it'd be a bit shite spectator wise as running track but it'd do for a temporary setup & would be the only tenant as well.

34 minutes ago, Bignose said:

I heard today that the sfa had said little kerse in not suitable now going to ground share with camelon 

Not for me 

Away games only after March if this is true 

If it's the sfa saying this, does it mean they're hoping to be licensed for the 2019-20 Scottish Cup?