Bo'ness United 2018/19

6 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Thanks for that info, quite a bit earlier than I thought. It all adds to his history which I only have in detail for his time at Kilsyth. He scored 260 goals with us in 6 seasons. The next question of course, which will be much harder to answer is how many did he score with Forth Rangers? I know he did have some time at sea so it might not be easy.

He was spotted by Kilsyth towards the end of the 1952-53 season playing for a Stirlingshire select in what I believe was a one-off tournament, possibly the R S McColl trophy. Mostn of the team were Kilsyth players as we had a very decent side that season although it did not compare with the following seasons squad. We did not sign Alex until about six games into the season and already six different players had worn the no 9 jersey. He scored in his first six games and went on to get 60 goals that season, so you can say it was a very good buy. Once again thanks.

Doubt if you'll find a Jambo in Grangemouth, but you never know. Good luck in your search.

Chris Donnelly Testimonial

On Sunday the 17th of March a Bo'ness United select will take on a Linlithgow Rose select at Newtown Park. Players from both the past and present day will make up the squads. There will also be a return of familiar faces to take charge of the teams with Allan McGonigal returning to the home dug-out and Jim Sinnet taking charge of the Rose. Friendly match or not, it is sure to be a spectacle with club legends present both on the park and on the touchline.

This will be the last meeting of the clubs before the installation of the new pitch in the Spring and it will be a fitting way to honour the service of our long standing captain.

At half-time there will be teams from both the Bo'ness United Community Club and their Linlithgow Rose counterparts taking part in small-sided games. Always great to see and I'm sure they'll get a warm reception and great memories from the day.

Match ball kindly sponsored by the Bo'ness United Community Club.

What a fitting way to mark a fantastic players career and the end of Newtown Park - Gubbed by Linlithgow again - just for old times sake...!!

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

On Sunday the 17th of March a Bo'ness United select will take on a Linlithgow Rose select at Newtown Park. Players from both the past and present day will make up the squads. There will also be a return of familiar faces to take charge of the teams with Allan McGonigal returning to the home dug-out and Jim Sinnet taking charge of the Rose. Friendly match or not, it is sure to be a spectacle with club legends present both on the park and on the touchline.

This will be the last meeting of the clubs before the installation of the new pitch in the Spring and it will be a fitting way to honour the service of our long standing captain.

At half-time there will be teams from both the Bo'ness United Community Club and their Linlithgow Rose counterparts taking part in small-sided games. Always great to see and I'm sure they'll get a warm reception and great memories from the day.

What a fitting way to mark a fantastic players career and the end of Newtown Park - Gubbed by Linlithgow again - just for old times sake...!!

In Chris's time at Bo'ness, the sides have met 26 times on competitive terms.  Bo'ness have Eleven wins to the wee roses's 9.

Old times sake - bollox

7 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

You left an open goal for an easy tap in for Jambo.

Dont think it beats coming back to win after being 2 down with 3 mins to go.

Junior cup game a year or so earlier was good as well when the Rose equalised in last minute of extra time when our keeper was on the wing to cross for the equaliser and then won on penalties.

7 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Dont think it beats coming back to win after being 2 down with 3 mins to go.

Junior cup game a year or so earlier was good as well when the Rose equalised in last minute of extra time when our keeper was on the wing to cross for the equaliser and then won on penalties.

Again, in your opinion.  Strangely enough, that isn't always the word.

Remember, this 'my dad is bigger than your dad' was caused by auld dunderheid and his usual pish.

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Again, in your opinion.  Strangely enough, that isn't always the word.

Remember, this 'my dad is bigger than your dad' was caused by auld dunderheid and his usual pish.

Sadly your blinkered replies fail to acknowledge the most important part of my original post - the testimonial match for Chris Donnelly to be held on Sunday 17th of March and my acknowledgement of what a fantastic player Chris Donnelly is.

Instead you chose to focus on the tongue in cheek part of my comment .  Clearly you don't value the match that much

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Sadly your blinkered replies fail to acknowledge the most important part of my original post - the testimonial match for Chris Donnelly to be held on Sunday 17th of March and my acknowledgement of what a fantastic player Chris Donnelly is.

Instead you chose to focus on the tongue in cheek part of my comment .  Clearly you don't value the match that much

Tongue in cheek?  You?  Best laugh I've had today.  I would also love you to explain your last comment and how you arrive at that conclusion.

Tongue in cheek?  You?  Best laugh I've had today.  I would also love you to explain your last comment and how you arrive at that conclusion.

Still you make no reference to Chris Donnelly's benefit match - who I have acknowledged for being a fantastic player/servant.

I assume having a Bitch at me is more important to you.

I’d prefer him to stop posting his tedious pish on the Bo’ness thread.

Tedious pish - that's rich from someone who stalks threads all over P&B

Tedious pish - that's rich from someone who stalks threads all over P&B  

‘stalks threads’

What does that even mean? That I post in more than one thread, like most other folk?!

Go’n just beat it off of this thread and away have a lie down you slavering old clown! [emoji1]

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Still you make no reference to Chris Donnelly's benefit match - who I have acknowledged for being a fantastic player/servant.

I assume having a Bitch at me is more important to you.

Put your fishing rod away and take a long walk off  a short pier.

Good luck to Chris Donnelly, made 70 appearances for Blackburn United between 2005-2007 scoring 12 goals, and played alongside his brother Paddy in quite a few of them.  At the end of 2006/07 Chris went to (from memory) Camelon and Paddy went to Kilsyth.