Bo'ness United 2018/19

Max Christie is an excellent appointment for you guys. I for one am sure he will improve you.

I agree. I’m sure he will improve Bo’ness. Done well at Tranent. I’m sure if he was there all season we would have finished top 5 comfortably.

10 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Wright has been a pretty steady goalscorer has he not? 

He has been thrust into the main striking role when that is not his best game.  Always gives 100% & is a threat but better when just behind main front man.

7 hours ago, paul999 said:

Why go to a team you beat 5-0 ?  By the sounds it was a freak result.   Not a Lithgae bias but the guy is strange/weird & not done much !

Not Lithgae bias, just ignorant of the fact he won the SuperLeague at Bonnyrigg.

Good turnout last night for Chris Donnelly’s testimonial race night. Players from the past there were Andy Scott, Mark Peat, Gibby ,,Ian Nimmo,Paul McLaren, Rhuari, Roddy and Robert Sloan. 

Well organised by Jennifer, Will, Stuart Hunter (tallest jockey and a heat winner but pipped at the post by a lady in the final)

Good turnout last night for Chris Donnelly’s testimonial race night. Players from the past there were Andy Scott, Mark Peat, Gibby ,,Ian Nimmo,Paul McLaren, Rhuari, Roddy and Robert Sloan. 
Well organised by Jennifer, Will, Stuart Hunter (tallest jockey and a heat winner but pipped at the post by a lady in the final)

Colin Strickland

Just been having a look through this thread. Lots of interesting stuff especially the older bits from the 50's thru to the 70's and 80's.

A lot of mentions of players who were also at Kilsyth; Jimmy Harrower, went to Liverpool; Gibby Ormond (Airdrie); Eric Sinclair (Dundee) and a few others less well known.

I have a question, I believe our all time top scorer Alex Querrie, had a spell with Bo'ness probably around 1951/2. He worked in BP and went to sea on their merchant fleet for a while before returning and playing for Forth Rangers from whom we signed him in August 1953. Do you have any records of his time with Bo'ness? Appearances, goals scored, etc. I don't think it likely that he could have been with Bo'ness for very long, but any information gratefully received.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Just been having a look through this thread. Lots of interesting stuff especially the older bits from the 50's thru to the 70's and 80's.

A lot of mentions of players who were also at Kilsyth; Jimmy Harrower, went to Liverpool; Gibby Ormond (Airdrie); Eric Sinclair (Dundee) and a few others less well known.

I have a question, I believe our all time top scorer Alex Querrie, had a spell with Bo'ness probably around 1951/2. He worked in BP and went to sea on their merchant fleet for a while before returning and playing for Forth Rangers from whom we signed him in August 1953. Do you have any records of his time with Bo'ness? Appearances, goals scored, etc. I don't think it likely that he could have been with Bo'ness for very long, but any information gratefully received.

Jamboness is your man for that. I think it was season 1949, after Paddy Buckley left for St Johnstone.

2 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Alex Querrie joined Bo'ness from Forth Rangers in November 1948 and returned to them in July 1949.  I have him as scoring 24 goals in 25 games.  There are also 5 goals unaccounted for that season that may add further, also 5 games.

16 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Alex Querrie joined Bo'ness from Forth Rangers in November 1948 and returned to them in July 1949.  I have him as scoring 24 goals in 25 games.  There are also 5 goals unaccounted for that season that may add further, also 5 games.

Thanks for that info, quite a bit earlier than I thought. It all adds to his history which I only have in detail for his time at Kilsyth. He scored 260 goals with us in 6 seasons. The next question of course, which will be much harder to answer is how many did he score with Forth Rangers? I know he did have some time at sea so it might not be easy.

He was spotted by Kilsyth towards the end of the 1952-53 season playing for a Stirlingshire select in what I believe was a one-off tournament, possibly the R S McColl trophy. Mostn of the team were Kilsyth players as we had a very decent side that season although it did not compare with the following seasons squad. We did not sign Alex until about six games into the season and already six different players had worn the no 9 jersey. He scored in his first six games and went on to get 60 goals that season, so you can say it was a very good buy. Once again thanks.