Bo'ness United 2018/19

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

And what makes you think Bo’ness are so special delusions of grandeur me thinks

Bo’ness is special to every bo’ness fan you won’t understand if your not from this wee place or appreciate being part of bo’ness really that simple 

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Well now the hunt starts for a permanent boss.  With all respect to Shirra, someone with managerial experience is needed.

If pushed, what about Tam Courts?  Cannot deny the job he did at Kelty.

Think Tam courts ambitions lie a bit higher than eos.going by his recent trip to Holland .

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

Dave the clairvoyant.

Get the players on side to start with and make sure they have a game plan. Of course that's easier said and done but as supporters we need to get behind the team.

'

Think he meant taking a team to bonnyrigg.who have just shipped 5 at tranent ?

14 hours ago, boheesian said:

I'm not. 

His record since taking over P 47  W27  L12  D8 a strike rate of 57.44% make your own judgement

He worked well with AMcG as the good cop and from what I was told his coaching methods were well received by the players but our style of football is not pleasing a lot of our supporters and his resignation IMO was inevitable.

To take over a struggling team and leave with the kind of record is more than decent. Was unlucky with the cup final fiasco as well.

The BU players who are on the pitch have given 100% this season. Missing early chances and giving away soft goals has been a problem for us but we can improve.
Mon the BU's !!

I agree with that.

There aren’t many of the squad that you would want out in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The BU players who are on the pitch have given 100% this season. Missing early chances and giving away soft goals has been a problem for us but we can improve.
Mon the BU's !!

That is why Kegs has gone down a little in my estimation.  It's not as if we are in a hopeless position.  His decision to jump ship now has put a lot of added pressure on the lads. 

Let's face it, we're not going to be changing much before the end of the season.

That is why Kegs has gone down a little in my estimation.  It's not as if we are in a hopeless position.  His decision to jump ship now has put a lot of added pressure on the lads. 
Let's face it, we're not going to be changing much before the end of the season.

I believe that there is a decent squad at Bo’ness, for me they lack an out and out finisher as they create a lot of chances but fail to convert.

I’m a Kelty Hearts supporter who saw Tam Courts as an influential captain and a very successful manager, sorry to lose him.

just want to reply to the guy who said Tams sights might be higher than Boness. Boness are a great club with a great history and the Potential in time to be up there with East Kilbride and Kelty etc.

At the time he left Kelty there were 4 league teams lookikg for a manager and he didn’t get any of them. I don’t know if he applied for them but anyway my point is... he left Kelty too early and going to Boness would give him the opportunity to prove himself again and take Boness to the top of the Lowland League , they are a club who could do it 

13 hours ago, Pampabay said:

I’m a Kelty Hearts supporter who saw Tam Courts as an influential captain and a very successful manager, sorry to lose him.

just want to reply to the guy who said Tams sights might be higher than Boness. Boness are a great club with a great history and the Potential in time to be up there with East Kilbride and Kelty etc.

At the time he left Kelty there were 4 league teams lookikg for a manager and he didn’t get any of them. I don’t know if he applied for them but anyway my point is... he left Kelty too early and going to Boness would give him the opportunity to prove himself again and take Boness to the top of the Lowland League , they are a club who could do it 

No chance of that if they aren't even  going for a Licence. Too many people going on about great history that's why the country has its current political state. BoNess may go for their licence next year for the following year. They may not so it doesn't matter about how much history they have if their future isn't going to have the same sort of story. I hope boness do once they get their ground all done that theye go for their licence. 

I'd be surprised if tam courts went for it

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

No chance of that if they aren't even  going for a Licence. Too many people going on about great history that's why the country has its current political state. BoNess may go for their licence next year for the following year. They may not so it doesn't matter about how much history they have if their future isn't going to have the same sort of story. I hope boness do once they get their ground all done that theye go for their licence. 

I'd be surprised if tam courts went for it

Not in our hands. 

Does anyone know what he's currently involved with?

So why would you be surprised if he went for it especially if all goes well with the ground and Hub development and the potential that could bring.

19 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Not in our hands. 

Does anyone know what he's currently involved with?

So why would you be surprised if he went for it especially if all goes well with the ground and Hub development and the potential that could bring.

Potential it could bring but is thst something that will definitely happen. Given it was last minute.com to join the league. As I said I hope it does.

Boness do need a clean start new manager new ideas if you were to get courts and your license could be a force to be reckoned with again. But.the it's us attitude.look what we used to be doesn't bring success

17 hours ago, Pampabay said:

If thats my post you are referring too.it was.tams sights might be set higher than the EOS.as in LL or sfl.