Bo'ness United 2018/19

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:35, Hunter6 said:

Felt compelled to look in and saw this post, are you having a Laugh pal ! Joke of a post and an attitude that we ill see you lose a one of the best managers going about.

Well you were right he is away but perhaps some players should look at themselves first, especially on the disciplinary front.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

FFS Jambo that's harsh.

Really?  Big Hunts has been sent off twice at Tranent this season.  Yesterday's red card was an ill-judged tackle that put more pressure on us and robs us of a direct opponent to McGachie next week.

Ill-discipline throughout the team has led to suspensions we can ill-afford with our relatively light pool.

1 hour ago, John S said:

Surprised at Kegs decision.

I'm not. 

His record since taking over P 47  W27  L12  D8 a strike rate of 57.44% make your own judgement

He worked well with AMcG as the good cop and from what I was told his coaching methods were well received by the players but our style of football is not pleasing a lot of our supporters and his resignation IMO was inevitable.

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Anybody can speculate but only Kegs can answer that. Leaves Shirra in an incredibly tough position taking a team who have just lost 5-0 to Bonnyrigg.

Dave the clairvoyant.

Get the players on side to start with and make sure they have a game plan. Of course that's easier said and done but as supporters we need to get behind the team.

'

43 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Well now the hunt starts for a permanent boss.  With all respect to Shirra, someone with managerial experience is needed.

If pushed, what about Tam Courts?  Cannot deny the job he did at Kelty.

Serious question does the committee have the drive to search for a manager befitting bo’ness to take it forward 

what strengths do you think new man needs 

I'm not. 
His record since taking over P 47  W27  L12  D8 a strike rate of 57.44% make your own judgement
He worked well with AMcG as the good cop and from what I was told his coaching methods were well received by the players but our style of football is not pleasing a lot of our supporters and his resignation IMO was inevitable.

Yesterday was pretty close to exactly how I think the current BU squad should line up, though ideally I’d have had Snowden at RB with Gemmell and wee Dev in midfield ahead of Dougie and Comrie. (A bit harsh on Comrie as he’s played really well the last couple of games before being inexplicably subbed)

Basically my point is that I initially felt quite inspired by what Kegs was doing. However, over the course of this season there have been numerous occasions where some of the team selections and tactical decisions have been just plain baffling.

Who comes in now? I think Jambo’s shout about Tam Courts is a good one, but would he do as well without Kelty levels of finance?

31 minutes ago, Bublue said:

Serious question does the committee have the drive to search for a manager befitting bo’ness to take it forward 

what strengths do you think new man needs 

And what makes you think Bo’ness are so special delusions of grandeur me thinks

Yesterday was pretty close to exactly how I think the current BU squad should line up, though ideally I’d have had Snowden at RB with Gemmell and wee Dev in midfield ahead of Dougie and Comrie. (A bit harsh on Comrie as he’s played really well the last couple of games before being inexplicably subbed)

Basically my point is that I initially felt quite inspired by what Kegs was doing. However, over the course of this season there have been numerous occasions where some of the team selections and tactical decisions have been just plain baffling.

Who comes in now? I think Jambo’s shout about Tam Courts is a good one, but would he do as well without Kelty levels of finance?

Can’t argue much with that, Comrie in my opinion shouldn’t have been subbed in either of the last two games, Ryan was poor yesterday even in the first half when the rest were playing well. The week before Comrie was taken off and Ryan moved into Comrie’s position and immediately BU looked weaker.

I do think yesterday was a freak result as at halftime no one at the game, no matter if they were BU or Tranent minded would have saw that coming. Bo’ness should have been out of site at halftime, poor finishing was the initial problem, then second half they collapsed after Symes mistake then the deflection off Donnelly.