Bo'ness United 2018/19

I will stake my reputation as the top P&B Weatherman that the BU game will be ON. Just been out walking the last hour and I feel there's a wee spot of rain coming before midnight followed by cloudy skies.
A very cold miserable day tomorrow but I reckon Newtown Park will be okay for the game.
Mon the thaw !!!

Just catching up on this thread and wanted to say something about the multiple teams in the town thing from a few pages back.

There are two non-league senior/ junior clubs in each of Banff, Keith, Inverurie, Nairn, Buckie, Forres and Fraserburgh. I don't know how people feel about them locally but I've been to a few and I doubt there's much conflict or competition. If anything I'd expect that they are complementary. There's a big gulf in standard - just as in the north, I don't think many folk who watch a team of the standard of BU would be interested in a quasi-amatuer team.

Good all-round performance by the BU's against Dundonald. Comfortable win v 10 men. Their big defender was on a yellow when MacKenzie (my MOTM) knocked it past him and he clattered him leaving the referee no option but to dish out a 2nd yellow.

BU the better side by a wide margin today.

Night and day from last week, some fine performances across the park. Playing Dundonald seems to suit us - arguably our three best games this season have been against them. Only disappointment is that we didn't win by the margin we should have, but the main thing is it's a big three points ahead of two very tricky away games. 

The difference from last week is that Dundonald didn't park the bus, even when down to 10, unlike Tynecastle last week.  The return of Brian Morgan was a big help too.

Their 'keeper was undoubtedly MOTM with one save at the end from Tiwi being outstanding.

Certainly more urgency today and a huge 3 points.

Bo'ness had them on the back foot from the off with everything coming down the enclosure side - well played to Dundonald management for trying to change it so early with a substitution. Just a shame for them that Wedderburn is a numptie and committed a stupid second bookable right in front of the lino about 3 minutes later, mind you the same lino missed Hunter nearly having his ankle taken off from about 2 yards away from the incident.  Also thought United should have had a pelanty in the first half when the Bluebell player fell on the ball and clearly scooped it only to have the foul given against the United player.

Cracking finish for the first and a lovely double somersault and triple pike from has-been Calum Smith when he was "fouled" being the highlights. 

Edited by drs