Bo'ness United 2018/19

4 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Have the Rose missed a wee trick in bringing Thistle into the club with the u20 league and amateur team.

Well run and self sufficient already. If Bo'ness to it it will only be a good thing imo.

Yes I think rose have missed a trick here which should help Bo’ness united 

I guess politically the CC already have an amateur team as well but Thistle are one of the best run in the country and competing at a higher level.

The difficulty for Thistle and Bo'ness here is that Thistle are a Linlithgow Bridge Club and well supported from that area. Not sure that'll translate if they become Bo'ness.

You miss the point - the mere fact there is competition puts strain on resources.   People may also stop travelling as they can watch a "Bo'ness Utd" at Newtown Park every week.  

I can see the potential in the idea of generating income at Newtown every Saturday, but would fans of the Senior side chuck a change of scenery every other other Saturday? A good away day is a big attraction for most folk. I doubt many would like to see the Senior team have no support at away games either. A good support can be like a 12th man sometimes so they say.

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I enjoyed watching him play for us last season. Higher up the park the better IMO. He doesn't have the defensive strength of say a Gemmell or Donnelly but he gives a bit extra pace and penetration going forward.
Welcome back Ryan.

He likes a shot from outside of the box, I'm not saying he scores much, but he likes a shot or two.

A new venue for the BU's to visit today and there seems to be a host of midfield options.  Hopefully Gemmell is restored there as he is not a centre-back!

Every game needs to be won just now, to cement a place in the top 5.

Certainly not taking it for granted as Tynecastle began the match at Newtown in fine fashion.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Fair enough. My point still stands though. I've not seen a team in our area being run as well and I used to run one of them!

bucfc cc play in stirling amateur league thistle in Edinburgh league 

cc amateur team just moved from Sunday to Saturday amateur 

thistle 12 year amateur a wee bit of a difference 

0-0 FT. Thank feck the referee has blown the whistle and brought that game to an end. Dreadful watching. Tynecastle keeper had a good save from a Hunter header in 93 minutes and that was the total sum of the BU's efforts. Struggling to think of a MOTM to be honest.
Tynecastle set up to keep a clean sheet and the BU's didn't have the guile or drive to break it down.

0-0 FT. Thank feck the referee has blown the whistle and brought that game to an end. Dreadful watching. Tynecastle keeper had a good save from a Hunter header in 93 minutes and that was the total sum of the BU's efforts. Struggling to think of a MOTM to be honest.
Tynecastle set up to keep a clean sheet and the BU's didn't have the guile or drive to break it down.

Awful.

The truly dreadful thing is that - for all that we had most of the game - I can't honestly say that we should have won. Take away that late Hunter chance and we made nothing. Without wishing to be overly dramatic (but you know I'm about to be...!) , that's our worst result in many years, and in due course it could prove to be extremely damaging. 

Poor team set-up, with all the midfield wanting to play further back.  I would have expected Stevenson to be deployed further forward, where his pace could have been damaging but instead he sat back.  

No penetration up front but not surprising as little service was provided.  They stuck 11 men behind the ball and we hadn't a clue what to do.

Definitely missing Morgan just now but one man isn't going to solve our problems.