Bo'ness United 2018/19

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

See if the key issue regard other parties as a commented on other posts could bo’ness united no invite these other parties to explain ideas so members have a balanced view going forward or is there something to hide. 

Just with folks points in here 

The only credible gossip I have heard in the last 8 weeks was that Linlithgow Thistle were planning on playing at Newtown Park next season as Bo'ness Juniors. That possible development wouldn't require a BUFC meeting IMO.

Perhaps the meeting is to get input on where our games are to be played during the period when Newtown Park is being developed.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The only credible gossip I have heard in the last 8 weeks was that Linlithgow Thistle were planning on playing at Newtown Park next season as Bo'ness Juniors. That possible development wouldn't require a BUFC meeting IMO.

Perhaps the meeting is to get input on where our games are to be played during the period when Newtown Park is being developed.

That makes the most sense.  Anything else isn't really a 'key issue'

Hardly merit a members meeting.the club would just have to inform the eosfl where they will be playing.surely the members can trust the committee to pick the most economical venue for the club.i was talking to an auld timer from boness,(doesn't follow football) what he said about Newtown park and old mine workings might land the pitch in a hole literally.if heavy earth moving machines need to be used

3 hours ago, lithgierose said:
4 hours ago, Jambo said:

Hardly merit a members meeting.the club would just have to inform the eosfl where they will be playing.surely the members can trust the committee to pick the most economical venue for the club.i was talking to an auld timer from boness,(doesn't follow football) what he said about Newtown park and old mine workings might land the pitch in a hole literally.if heavy earth moving machines need to be used

All conjecture just now but maybe the committee wish to gauge members' opinions on the options and costs open to the club.  Especially if any distance may be involved.

7 minutes ago, Bo'ness United said:

Just a thought...  if one of the amateur teams was to step up and call themselves Bo'ness United and play in the Junior's.... would they take priority at Newtown ?

That's a little random just to be a thought......Care to expand on what seems to be a runner.

This doesn't answer the priority question but sets out the background.

The NPA had from the outset made it clear that Newtown Park would remain the home of the local professional football team. This was repeated in a later Facebook posting when they expanded it to "home of the local professional football team and be used by Boness United Community Football Club and the people of Bo'ness".

Personally I think the more teams playing football at Newtown Park the better.