Bo'ness United 2018/19

Biggest surprise for fans today was seeing Gemmell line up at centre-half alongside Hunter.  Hopefully it is not to be repeated as he looked uncomfortable throughout.   It could even be said he was lucky not to see red in the first minute when he took out their number 7 in a rib-cracking challenge.

Bo'ness looked mobile up front today, with Prentice, Wright & Daramola all looking sharp.  Young Tiwi had the edge though, scoring his first goal for the club.  His saved effort rebounded to Donnelly who got our 5th and Tiwi also hit the outside of the post in the last minute.

The second goal conceded was a joke though and I'm sure no one knows that more than Michael himself.

The pitch was okay, certainly way better than Broxburn quality.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Good win but how arsey was that referee, especially in the first half?! Every throw-in took about 30 seconds with his constant “Further back! Further back!” pish.

Seen far worse though.

The biggest joke was when that Dunipace player, lying behind the goal, dragged himself back on and the ref stopped the game for him to be attended to.

13 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

7 goals 7 f**k ups ref was Bu,s best player Pace made more mistakes than boness was it a deliberate ploy to take out the pacewide man right after the ko

Haha good one.  Was unable to apply consistency in yellow cards for kicking the ball away and as said previously allowed a player to roll back on the pitch and stopped the game for treatment.  Of course he was our best player?  :blink:

2 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Haha good one.  Was unable to apply consistency in yellow cards for kicking the ball away and as said previously allowed a player to roll back on the pitch and stopped the game for treatment.  Of course he was our best player?  :blink:

Yard away from the punch on the pace player on HT to he was pish both teams made more mistakes than him tho 

If he sends of your player at the start in what looked like ploy as it was so obvious might have been different so played a blinder imo for yous

Yard away from the punch on the pace player on HT to he was pish both teams made more mistakes than him tho 

If he sends of your player at the start in what looked like ploy as it was so obvious might have been different so played a blinder imo for yous

The only thing the ref got right all day was the booking in the first minute, it was a booking and no more!

Boness best player was the Dunipace keeper who was absolutely rank rotten!

An early contender for the 2019 DHOTYA...

The only thing the ref got right all day was the booking in the first minute, it was a booking and no more!
Boness best player was the Dunipace keeper who was absolutely rank rotten!

Our keeper will have probably been ever so slightly pleased when Dunipace scored their first goal. Picking the ball out the net gave him something to do after standing about freezing his baws off for half an hour.

I'll stick the video up later, see if you still think it was just a booking. [emoji846] Definitely wasn't and that's after a minute. Player himself conceded it was more than a yellow, definite orange being his assessment. [emoji846]

That said, I actually didn't think the officials were bad at all throughout the game. Bit picky on certain things and they made a few mistakes, but so did both teams (all 7 goals were punished individual errors rather than penetrating football). I've seen a couple of interesting officiating displays this season, but for the most part I think they've been good and today no different.

Bo'ness, as you would expect given the difference in resources between the clubs, punished the mistakes better and won the game deservedly.

But let's not forget the Bo'ness keeper had a great save at 2-1 from 6 yards 1v1 which should have brought the equaliser two minutes before the Pace keeper makes a mistake for 3-1. BU keeper also had another outstanding save at 3-2 to tip the ball over the bar. 2 goals in the last 15 when Dunipace changed shape to chase the game makes it look comfortable, but even the Bo'ness players were saying it wasn't a 5-2 game.

Bo'ness deserved the win and in Prentice, Wright and young Tiwi, who has improved massively since the last time I saw him as an Under 17 (fair play to the lad) had the players that made the difference on the day in my opinion.

But for the second time this season it was pleasing to see a team put together for less than any individual Bo'ness player compete for long spells. Individual errors at key times did for them in the end.

I'll stick the video up later, see if you still think it was just a booking. [emoji846] Definitely wasn't and that's after a minute. Player himself conceded it was more than a yellow, definite orange being his assessment. [emoji846]

That said, I actually didn't think the officials were bad at all throughout the game. Bit picky on certain things and they made a few mistakes, but so did both teams (all 7 goals were punished individual errors rather than penetrating football). I've seen a couple of interesting officiating displays this season, but for the most part I think they've been good and today no different.

Bo'ness, as you would expect given the difference in resources between the clubs, punished the mistakes better and won the game deservedly.

But let's not forget the Bo'ness keeper had a great save at 2-1 from 6 yards 1v1 which should have brought the equaliser two minutes before the Pace keeper makes a mistake for 3-1. BU keeper also had another outstanding save at 3-2 to tip the ball over the bar. 2 goals in the last 15 when Dunipace changed shape to chase the game makes it look comfortable, but even the Bo'ness players were saying it wasn't a 5-2 game.

Bo'ness deserved the win and in Prentice, Wright and young Tiwi, who has improved massively since the last time I saw him as an Under 17 (fair play to the lad) had the players that made the difference on the day in my opinion.

But for the second time this season it was pleasing to see a team put together for less than any individual Bo'ness player compete for long spells. Individual errors at key times did for them in the end.

The booking in the first minute happened right next to us and I have absolutely no doubt it was no more than a booking!
I don’t know what Bo’ness players you spoke to but the ones I have spoken to had the same opinion as myself that 5-2 was far less than it could have been, 2 off the wood work a couple of decent saves and numerous other chances not taken by Bo’ness.
Dunipace kicked Tiwi endlessly throughout the game as they couldn’t handle his pace.
The referee books a Bo’ness player for kicking the ball away, at 1-1 twice Dunipace players kick the ball away and no action taken.

Well then, you're wrong, that's ok though. [emoji6]

In terms of the reality of the game in stats, first half Dunipace keeper had 1 save and the goal, BU keeper had 1 save and the goal. Neither side had any real clear chances, closest you could say was Tiwi on 50 minutes (first half) when Pace were down to 10 with an injury.

1-1 about right first half.

Second half BU's had 8 efforts on goal, 1 of which hit the post and had 2 1v1. Dunipace had 7 efforts on goal, 1 of which the BU keeper tipped into the bar and also had 1 1v1 that was saved. They also had stone wall penalty denied at 3-1, in the lead up to the second goal, which would also have brought a red card and could have changed the latter stages.

I get you are a BU fan, but I've just watched the game a second time so can tell you absolutely that those are the stats.

On the Tiwi getting kicked point, not sure what point you're making, but it's something the young lad will need to get used to as he's that sort of player I'm afraid (and this is a compliment). Much like MacPherson (Pace number 7). He has such quick feet and great pace that he gets beyond pressure well and draws fouls. Nothing much malicious, he just had ability that others don't to be able to shift the ball out of tackles where he can. He does well just to get up and get on with it to his credit, but that said none of the fouls against him were as brutal as the one against Greg.

15 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Well then, you're wrong, that's ok though. emoji6.png

In terms of the reality of the game in stats, first half Dunipace keeper had 1 save and the goal, BU keeper had 1 save and the goal. Neither side had any real clear chances, closest you could say was Tiwi on 50 minutes (first half) when Pace were down to 10 with an injury.

Second half BU's had 8 efforts on goal, 1 of which hit the post and had 2 1v1. Dunipace had 7 efforts on goal, 1 of which the BU keeper tipped into the bar and also had 1 1v1 that was saved. They also had stone wall penalty denied at 3-1, in the lead up to the second goal, which would also have brought a red card and could have changed the latter stages.

I get you are a BU fan, but I've just watched the game a second time so can tell you absolutely that those are the stats.

On the Tiwi getting kicked point, not sure what point you're making, but it's something the young lad will need to get used to as he's that sort of player I'm afraid (and this is a compliment). Much like MacPherson (Pace number 7). He has such quick feet and great pace that he gets beyond pressure well and draws fouls. Nothing much malicious, he just had ability that others don't to be able to shift the ball out of tackles where he can. He does well just to get up and get on with it to his credit, but that said none of the fouls against him were as brutal as the one against Greg.

Bo’ness hit the post in the 1st half you forgot that 

The only thing I feel the referee got way wrong was in not awarding a penalty seconds before Dunipaces second goal. A clear foul and justice was done when the winger put the ball away. Think it was the same guy (mcpherson?) who landed badly after the foul by Gemmell after roughly 40 seconds, glad he was able to continue and had a good game.

The players were saying afterwards it's a good surface to play on, hopefully our project in a few months turns out as well as Westfield has.

You fail to mention Gemmel being fouled in the lead up to Dunipace second goal or Donnelly being pushed which in the Dunipace box in front of the ref which should have been a penalty.
You say BU only hit woodwork once when they had two off the woodwork. Have you only watched the game partially?
The stats you have given are not fact as you have omitted certainly an effort off the post and the penalty Donnelly should have received. Also you say Dunipace should have had a penalty without mentioning the player that goes through Gemmell prior.
On the balance of play 7 or 8-2 would have been a truer reflection of the game, you were also wrong to assume I’m a Bo’ness fan.

Sorry Sheep, you are correct. I do have it written down on my sheet bizarrely, just haven't included in above when typing it out. I couldnt get a job as a club secretary, teamlines would be a mess [emoji846]

Still, adding that in doesn't change the point I was making about the game overall. In terms of efforts on goal, it wasn't the one sided affair being portrayed by some, despite the BU's deserving their win.