Bo'ness United 2018/19

18 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Had it not been for committee members of Bo'ness  United FC. raising money, improving and maintaining it over the last seventy odd years, there would be no Newtown Park to talk about today. That should never be forgotten.

I tip my hat to any volunteer who gives up time to look after newtown especially guys I knew personally who looked after at  never be forgotten  but this is now and not then do you think it’s as good as it used to be . 

On 23/12/2018 at 23:55, Bublue said:

I tip my hat to any volunteer who gives up time to look after newtown especially guys I knew personally who looked after at  never be forgotten  but this is now and not then do you think it’s as good as it used to be . 

I too tip my hat to passed and present members of the committee.

In answer too your question, is it better today than it used to be?.

Age has caught up with Newtown Park and more and more money is required. Cabins do look out  of place but money dictates, but those same cabins have generated funds for the running of  the  club and upkeep of the park, ie. sponsors lounge, pie hut, united club etc.

In recent years a new enclosure has been built, old stand removed, new roof over dressing rooms, along with maintaining and feeding the  park. All money raised by Bo'ness United F C. It was because of all further improvements needed that inspired committee member Robert Snedden to look into where other moneys could be found, hence the formation of the NPA.

Therefore to say that if it was left to Bo'ness United FC. we would  be left with a crumbling stadium, you are well off the mark. Incidentally the BIT OF GRASS  you refer to is one of the finest playing surfaces in Scotland.

dont spartans have more than one pitch though.would not just be 2 teams using newtown.would more than likely be used 7 days a week by different age range teams.every team having to rent the facilities.be five asides across the pitch probably to maximise the earnings.hope they invest it wisely as not to end up with a surface like broxburn.(has it been relaid)
Spartans, their U20s, Edinburgh City, Spartans Women and Hibs Women all use the main pitch at Ainslie Park. The surface is pretty good, certainly better than Livi's.

22 hours ago, Standalone said:

I too tip my hat to passed and present members of the committee.

In answer too your question, is it better today than it used to be?.

Age has caught up with Newtown Park and more and more money is required. Cabins do look out  of place but money dictates, but those same cabins have generated funds for the running of  the  club and upkeep of the park, ie. sponsors lounge, pie hut, united club etc.

In recent years a new enclosure has been built, old stand removed, new roof over dressing rooms, along with maintaining and feeding the  park. All money raised by Bo'ness United F C. It was because of all further improvements needed that inspired committee member Robert Snedden to look into where other moneys could be found, hence the formation of the NPA.

Therefore to say that if it was left to Bo'ness United FC. we would  be left with a crumbling stadium, you are well off the mark. Incidentally the BIT OF GRASS  you refer to is one of the finest playing surfaces in Scotland.

I understand all that work took place but I wouldn’t class that as recent work would you ? I think over 10 year on roof is it not 

understand what your saying on revenue with huts but surely better planning when working to get huts  in place 

NPA is a great idea but why did BU as a club not take control of this situation and be no need for bu to become a lodger at place they used to rule 

pitch it’s not best in Scotland you’re deluded if you think it is . 

Anyway merry Christmas 

I understand all that work took place but I wouldn’t class that as recent work would you ? I think over 10 year on roof is it not 
understand what your saying on revenue with huts but surely better planning when working to get huts  in place 
NPA is a great idea but why did BU as a club not take control of this situation and be no need for bu to become a lodger at place they used to rule 
Anyway merry Christmas 
He didn't say it was the best, he said it was one of the finest.

28 minutes ago, John S said:
1 hour ago, Bublue said:
Anyway merry Christmas 

He didn't say it was the best, he said it was one of the finest.

My apologies thanks For pointing that out John 

15 hours ago, Bublue said:

Anyway merry Christmas 

Because it wasn't theirs to do so. It was built by the people of Bo'ness and held in trust. It was then transfered to Central Region and latterly to FDC who collectively did SFA to maintain the the facility apart from cutting the grass. The NPA was formed and after successfully canvassing for financial aid from Coal Board Regeneration Fund were able  reinstate the trust.  

This venture needs dedicated people to take it forward as applications for grants is not a 5 minute job. 

7 hours ago, boheesian said:

Because it wasn't theirs to do so. It was built by the people of Bo'ness and held in trust. It was then transfered to Central Region and latterly to FDC who collectively did SFA to maintain the the facility apart from cutting the grass. The NPA was formed and after successfully canvassing for financial aid from Coal Board Regeneration Fund were able  reinstate the trust.  

This venture needs dedicated people to take it forward as applications for grants is not a 5 minute job. 

We all know how it came about but thanks  for history lesson so at start the park didn’t belong to NPA either so if bo’ness united committee had vision they could have got ground for themselves and do what NPA are doing instead of NPA being land lords.

again that’s then thus us now just a trick missed.

i completely understand venture needs dedicated people to drive it and is not a 5 minute job, 

maybe you should get involved 

Edited by Bublue

Weren't the applications well on the way to being completed.you know what happened there.if the stories are correct.rarely are right enough [emoji23]

We all know how it came about but thanks  for history lesson so at start the park didn’t belong to NPA either so if bo’ness united committee had vision they could have got ground for themselves and do what NPA are doing instead of NPA being land lords.
i completely understand venture needs dedicated people to drive it and is not a 5 minute job, 
I'm not sure if the BUs could legally own the park hence the NPA who still don't own the park but hold it in trust the same as others before them.

9 hours ago, John S said:
12 hours ago, Bublue said:

I'm not sure if the BUs could legally own the park hence the NPA who still don't own the park but hold it in trust the same as others before them.

So NPA don’t own newtown park but hold in trust as a community asset to be used by public and bo’nesx United a like 

4 hours ago, lithgierose said:
4 hours ago, Bublue said:
What does lithgi pay to train on Astro at Linlithgow ?  Won’t be peanuts 

About what I quoted probably.might be less but that's the going rate down at Grange mouth.

Do Bo'ness not train at the Falkirk Stadium. 

Would think they would already be paying FFC so surely save them ££££