Bo'ness United 2018/19

3 minutes ago, PatP said:

That sounds a fantastic thing if it can be achieved. 

Rumours of new teams aside what is the definitive side of getting the new pitch in place as, if memory serves right, that requires all of the above plus a lot of money. 

I think 31st March work will start on pitch. No sure on update on funds needed that’s NPA who own park. Believe majority of above football is in place via BUCFC  or will be very soon 

Auld Heid has hit the nail on the heid.

My source told me weeks ago that a number of the Linlithgow Thistle players were told that from next season they planned to be playing as Bo'ness Juniors and be based at Newtown Park.
I would imagine that Linlithgow Thistle are monitoring the ERSJFA/EoSFL situation before making a final decision on their future.

They are a well run outfit.

The Linlithgow connection was always more down to Boness already having an amateur side imo.

Always had the name of paying well also...!!!

They also use to have an U20 side - not sure if the u20s still exist.

So no surprise if the move to junior wasn't next.

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

They are a well run outfit.

The Linlithgow connection was always more down to Boness already having an amateur side imo.

Always had the name of paying well also...!!!

They also use to have an U20 side - not sure if the u20s still exist.

So no surprise if the move to junior wasn't next.

No they don’t have a Under 20’s but majority of thistle team is bo’ness boys and a few at younger age played in bo’ness a few of these players have turned out for bo’ness when alan mcgonigal was manager 

a very strong bo’ness connection run by a bo’ness man who knows his stuff 

5 minutes ago, Bublue said:

I think 31st March work will start on pitch. No sure on update on funds needed that’s NPA who own park. Believe majority of above football is in place via BUCFC  or will be very soon 

Seems an odd time to start work - how will that affect the remaining fixtures?

Great stuff if the funding is in place. 

No they don’t have a Under 20’s but majority of thistle team is bo’ness boys and a few at younger age played in bo’ness a few of these players have turned out for bo’ness when alan mcgonigal was manager 
a very strong bo’ness connection run by a bo’ness man who knows his stuff 
They did have for a season at least - as I said I wasn't sure if they still did.

40 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Bo’ness Utd CFC 98s moved to Linlithgow Thistle Under 19s and then Under 21s - they all then transitioned to the Amateurs team last season.  Very young side with a lot of Bo’ness players. Captain and Vice Captain are from Bo’ness. 

Thats correct bo’ness 98’s were a fantastic team  and under guidance of thistle have improved and will continue to if junior chance is given that gives Bo’ness a fantastic opportunity too 

19 hours ago, Specky said:

So because Deanburn "comical Ali" Dave said it was a Lithgae punter, it must be true....  although to be fair he's usually more reliable than you.

thick as f**k! :lol:

well played 8 mile 

So what was the reason BU’s didn’t play today ?
Why was last weeks game not rearranged ?
Dalkeith played a friendly so they were ok .
Newtown Park closes on 31st March , quite possibly have to play some home games at neutral venue .
Makes no sense to me and a loss of much needed revenue .

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

So what was the reason BU’s didn’t play today ?
Why was last weeks game not rearranged ?
Dalkeith played a friendly so they were ok .
Newtown Park closes on 31st March , quite possibly have to play some home games at neutral venue .
Makes no sense to me and a loss of much needed revenue .

Today was the Christmas break, so the only competitive games were where clubs had brought a game forward (3 of those all from New Year), or where they'd rescheduled a game that was postponed or didn't have a date (Bonnyrigg v Sauchie). There were also some friendlies on the go this afternoon - including Dalkeith and Haddington from Conference B.

Looking at home games: Bo'ness v Dalkeith, Bo'ness v Tranent or Bo'ness v Burntisland (Feb 9th) could have been played today... Bo'ness v Crossgates, Bo'ness v Dalkeith, Bo'ness v Eyemouth (Feb 16th) or Bo'ness v Tynecastle in League Cup Prelim could be played next Saturday, when Bo'ness were the odd team, though it's likely all those clubs brought their games forward in order to have New Year off. However it's quite likely Bo'ness - and/or the possible away teams - simply prefer the day off.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Wasn't it mentioned earlier in the year that Bo'ness would be playing at the Grangemouth Stadium whilst the pitch works were ongoing.

Looking at the fixtures in the New Year. Bo'ness not at home until 19/01and three of their four games in January are away. In February it's two at home and two away. Is there any plan to get all the home fixtures fitted in before the ground closes? I heard the end of March but don't know if this has been confirmed. Tranent, Sauchie, Crossgates and Dalkeith still to be scheduled at Newtown.

34 minutes ago, John S said:

Looking at the fixtures in the New Year. Bo'ness not at home until 19/01and three of their four games in January are away. In February it's two at home and two away. Is there any plan to get all the home fixtures fitted in before the ground closes? I heard the end of March but don't know if this has been confirmed. Tranent, Sauchie, Crossgates and Dalkeith still to be scheduled at Newtown.

Its end of March BU have spoke with NPA and written guarantees made by BU to stick to date 

If you read the pyramid threads the sense of such situations don't seem to matter.

It all seems to be about having more teams and to hell with common sense.
I'm not sure anyone has been a cheerleader for Bo'ness or any other wee toon having two teams, makes no sense. You seem to see things that aren't there.

Outside the 7 cities - and not even including Stirling - the only places I can recall with 2 non-league clubs are... a number of towns in the north-east; Forfar (2 junior); Cumbernauld; Clydebank (2 junior); East Kilbride; Irvine (2 junior); and Dumfries (3 senior although that's due to 2 joining from Dumfries Amateur League when it folded).

So it's pretty uncommon.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Ultimately, it's not down to commonality but viability.

On the face of it, there is no need for two 'non-league' sides in Bo'ness but it may satisfy a certain section of fans who would rather keep their money in the town.  Some would watch either team at Newtown and forego all but the bigger away games.  Whether that would lead to solvency for either side, who knows?

However, what happens if the side supposedly going 'junior' is then automatically swallowed up by the pyramid, making both sides senior.  That is where any sense ends.  

There should be discussions going on to affiliate the amateurs and turn them into the u-20's.