Bo'ness United 2018/19

On 01/12/2018 at 15:42, Deanburn Dave said:

Ended 2-1. Snowdon missed a penalty. We had lots of shots but they came to nothing.. We had 30+ corners and made nothing of them. MOTM the Tranent goalie.
Referee was honking for both sides. Probably about 14 booked in a game without a bad tackle. At 1-1 the linesman decided to award a penalty to Tranent and book Snowdon. From what I saw Snowdon had broken up an attack near the byline and cleared the ball out the box for a throw in and then he bumped into the Tranent player off the pitch and he fell over.

One really controversial moment missed was the goal United scored but was dissallowed. Gemmell was fouled but we still had possession so Referee waved play on,  the ball was crossed and deflected into the net. However, Ref decides to chalk it off and give us the freekick.  Can someone explain this bizarre decision or any he made. 

Beware of this Ref Colin Whyte who is card and lecture happy.

One really controversial moment missed was the goal United scored but was dissallowed. Gemmell was fouled but we still had possession so Referee waved play on,  the ball was crossed and deflected into the net. However, Ref decides to chalk it off and give us the freekick.  Can someone explain this bizarre decision or any he made. 
Beware of this Ref Colin Whyte who is card and lecture happy.

Not much mention of Ian Black lashing out with his fist at Alan McKenzie who tried to help him up. A big lecture but no yellow card when it was the incident which warranted a booking more than any other.

Just accept it lads. We had to when use scored 2 the last 5mins the last time. Use are decent at the back and midfield but like I said earlier use struggle up top.

Use missed a penalty and played against ten men for most of the 2nd half. That’s no the refs fault.

Looking forward to the 2 games we have against use.

Calm doon Belter. BU fans just having a post match moan about the decisions of the officials and the cheating and diving of the opposition which is perfectly normal behaviour practiced by Fitbaw fans all over the world.

I’m calm peas and gravy

,The Christmaswatch thread  says that Crossgates have moved their fixture on 29/12 forward to 22/12,I don’t know the ins and outs but BUFC could look into the possibility of playing them in the league on 29/12 as this is a game still to be scheduled,better getting competitive games played if there’s a chance to,although 1 prominent poster on here  disagrees

Edited by boness4ever

3 hours ago, boness4ever said:

,The Christmaswatch thread  says that Crossgates have moved their fixture on 29/12 forward to 22/12,I don’t know the ins and outs but BUFC could look into the possibility of playing them in the league on 29/12 as this is a game still to be scheduled,better getting competitive games played if there’s a chance to,although 1 prominent poster on here  disagrees

I can see your logic but I can see the sense of playing a friendly against the wee rose.  Brings a wee bit of money in and maybe the only chance to play our derby rivals this season.

Agree with this. Zero interest in a friendly with Linlithgow.

24 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

My thinking as well.especislly after the first idea of home and away over the festive period,was knocked back by boness.but they want a home match.personally I'd tell boness to ram it.

You wouldn’t be saying that if it was the roses ground 

Meh. It's hardly going to bring in megabucks. I'm happy enough to play one friendly if there are no other options - I like the Crossgates idea but it may not be a go-er - but back to back friendlies? Away. If they're greetin' aboot it, agree to split the gate and toss a coin for who hosts. 

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Meh. It's hardly going to bring in megabucks. I'm happy enough to play one friendly if there are no other options - I like the Crossgates idea but it may not be a go-er - but back to back friendlies? Away. If they're greetin' aboot it, agree to split the gate and toss a coin for who hosts. 

They went odds or evens on the Bonus ball and Bo’ness were odds so they host the game 

11 hours ago, boness4ever said:

,The Christmaswatch thread  says that Crossgates have moved their fixture on 29/12 forward to 22/12,I don’t know the ins and outs but BUFC could look into the possibility of playing them in the league on 29/12 as this is a game still to be scheduled,better getting competitive games played if there’s a chance to

Idle clubs can add games (rarely happens tbf).

However, presumably good chance Crossgates-Dundonald moved as Crossgates/both, not just Dundonald, preferred New Year off.

Edited by HibeeJibee