Bo'ness United 2018/19

I couldn't see how many Rose fans were in the West end of the ground but I know BU fans were spread around the ground and not just in the covered enclosure. As far as Rose fans outnumbering the home support I think that may be a claim too far.

No complaints yesterday we were very poor,  well beaten and 1-0 flattered us.  Thought Boness were very well organised and hard working.  

A couple of positives:

Your wee goalie is very good. Always like seeing a keeper who’s a good kicker of the ball.

And...

The soup out the hut was magic!

9 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Seeing as Bonnyrigg usually bring about 50-70 to Linlithgow I cant see them taking 3 times that to outnumber the Boness home support.

aye of course! we had more than you at your place last time

On 11/11/2018 at 21:51, FuzzyBear said:
On 11/11/2018 at 21:12, Pete77 said:
aye of course! we had more than you at your place last time

Bonnyrigg have never had more than the home fans at Linlithgow in the last 40 years you weird stalker.

lies. you wouldnt have been there anyway you psycho.

A work-mate who plays for a side in a different conference asked me today how we didn't score at least seven at the weekend.

He'd watched the highlights and commented on the number of balls going across the face of goal and not being converted.  Reassuring that I was not just watching the game from a BU bias.

Tomorrow we play a side just scudded 9-1 at home and now managerless.  We all know results like that don't happen two weeks in a row and their boys will be fighting doubly hard.  Our forwards need to be doing what they are paid for and hit a handful at any rate.

The argument about fans is very much my dad is bigger than your dad logic.

I never made the game at Boness but have been plenty times before and dont think we have ever outnumber Boness supporters, same is true for Linlithgow.

If the statement is remotely true about Boness then their core support must have fallen and our usual away support must have really increased for this game.

I remember several season back, Max Christie era i think, and we had a stag doo and half of the team were away from an important match which i think we lost. I remember how pissed off i was at that so if i were a Boness fan i wouldnt be happy at a similar occurence especially in a "big game" 

2 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

The argument about fans is very much my dad is bigger than your dad logic.

I never made the game at Boness but have been plenty times before and dont think we have ever outnumber Boness supporters, same is true for Linlithgow.

If the statement is remotely true about Boness then their core support must have fallen and our usual away support must have really increased for this game.

I remember several season back, Max Christie era i think, and we had a stag doo and half of the team were away from an important match which i think we lost. I remember how pissed off i was at that so if i were a Boness fan i wouldnt be happy at a similar occurence especially in a "big game" 

Our away support is where I would judge a drop a in numbers. eg. v Dundonald 2 recent games away the total attendances was 584,  removing that from their overall home matches gave them an average out of the remaining 8 of 136. So roughly we take 140/150 to away matches. These are the core of the Club supporters.

Bonnyrigg's continued success will get the supporters to follow them away from home. They brought a good few to the last match but to outnumber the home support was flying a kite. Methinka a bit of shit stirring was at work. 

A work-mate who plays for a side in a different conference asked me today how we didn't score at least seven at the weekend.
He'd watched the highlights and commented on the number of balls going across the face of goal and not being converted. Reassuring that I was not just watching the game from a BU bias.
Tomorrow we play a side just scudded 9-1 at home and now managerless.  We all know results like that don't happen two weeks in a row and their boys will be fighting doubly hard.  Our forwards need to be doing what they are paid for and hit a handful at any rate.

Probably the most frustrating thing about the BU for about five years! We’ve never been bad at getting the ball in the box....

One opponent to look out for tomorrow is striker Dean Crabbe, the son of former Hearts player Scott.
They are a young team and will have lots of energy but let us hope the guys have been practising in front of goal this week!
Dean Crabbe signed for Penicuik during the week.

14 minutes ago, Gimme said:
47 minutes ago, Jambo said:
One opponent to look out for tomorrow is striker Dean Crabbe, the son of former Hearts player Scott.
They are a young team and will have lots of energy but let us hope the guys have been practising in front of goal this week!

Dean Crabbe signed for Penicuik during the week.

Oh well, one less to worry about!

Probably the most frustrating thing about the BU for about five years! We’ve never been bad at getting the ball in the box....
If you don't shoot you don't score. Our forward players dribble, pass and cross the ball but they appear reluctant to shoot.
Hopefully we bang in a couple v Tynecastle.
Mon the BU's !!!