Bo'ness United 2018/19

There really is an added pressure on our defenders in every game.  They start knowing only a clean sheet will guarantee a win.  Then likely as not, they are our best source of goals too.

The guys up the pitch need to be converting more chances, simple as.

56 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I watch refs through blue tinted spectacles....... I thought he was good by Fife standards. Got most of the decisions right and he wasn't conned by Calum Smith's playacting.

At 0-1 for about 88 minutes of the game there's only a single goal between the teams but I thought the BU looked far more solid and were clearly the better team.

Spot on Dave. Ref not interested In Smith's antics. The game could have gone both ways!. Which game were you watching mate. 

Aye, the inability to score remains a major source of concern - but otherwise a very pleasing performance, and you could probably make a reasonable case for MOTM for half a dozen players, which is always a good sign. (Will Snowdon for me.)

Plenty delusion in Bo’ness. We had another couple of gears last week yet I read with some confusion that the result flattered us.

I can’t see Bo’ness coming back from the dissolution of Junior football. No desire to compete. Dwindling in the depths of Scottish football. It’s all you deserve. 

Edited by Red Rose

26 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Plenty delusion in Bo’ness. We had another couple of gears last week yet I read with some confusion that the result flattered us.

I can’t see Bo’ness coming back from the dissolution of Junior football. No desire to compete. Dwindling in the depths of Scottish football. It’s all you deserve. 

You pay the council back the money you got off them for ground improvements a few years back or did you spend on players? 

43 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

WTF? A week too late? Red Rose = Fanny

25 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

You pay the council back the money you got off them for ground improvements a few years back or did you spend on players? 

Yes we took the money and spent it directly on the players. I think McGachie gets a flute of champagne for every goal. 

You should manybe focus on your dwindling crowds. Nobody is interested anymore. 

That’s a poor argument Dave. Why were there barley any home fans at your recent game against us? That’s not me, that’s your own fans voting with their feet. 

Why do your players prefer to go away on Jolly’s mid season instead of competing in your most important game of the season? Or phone in sick? That’s your players, that’s not me. 

Edited by Red Rose

It must be painful when the away team outnumbers the home suppprt. Not unexpected, mind.

If you genuinely believe Bonnyrigg had more supporters than Bo’ness at Bo’ness last week then I’d suggest one of the following:

A: You’ve just made that up.
B: You’re blind.
C: You weren’t even there.

So is it one of the above or all?

That’s a poor argument Dave. Why were there barley any home fans at your recent game against us? That’s not me, that’s your own fans voting with their feet. 
Why do your players prefer to go away on Jolly’s mid season instead of competing in your most important game of the season? Or phone in sick? That’s your players, that’s not me. 

“barley” [emoji1]

My guess would be that a fair few supporters decided to do other things as they knew we’d likely get beat since we knew for a week that there’d be about 6 or 7 likely starters missing the Bonnyrigg game, which then increased with the guys that called off sick.

Regardless though, the most puzzling thing here is; Why have you come on here, in a right state, a week after a 4-1 win, ranting angrily about the numbers in the home crowd?

Red Rose should remember that in the last 10 years the BU fans have usually outnumbered the Rose fans when we have made the trip to Bonnyrigg.

Might have been the case 10 years ago but certainly hasn't been in the last few seasons.

I was genuinely shocked at the lack of home support there last week and the lack of kids there was really noticeable. I had initially thought the shed was full of BU supporters until the first goal went in to reveal a good number of away fans in there, and we won't mention those who started sneaking out when the third goal went in!

Genuine question - Whats the club doing to bring in the next generation of fans?