Bo'ness United 2018/19

Another visit to Cardenden awaits tomorrow and this should be a cracker.  May still be some scores to settle on the field and lets hope Bo'ness do that by beating them fairly and squarely.  The defence will be beefed up a bit tomorrow, with Will & Josh available. 

Hopefully the other missing players from Saturday have put a shift in at training, to earn a place in the side.

Cup of tea , back in the Hoose, time for some more thoughts on the game at Dundonald.

Far stronger team today. Campbell was still suspended and we had Marshall in goal instead of Murphy but it looked a better side than we fielded v Bonnyrigg.

Great early start as Prentice neatly headed into the net. After that it looked like a question of "how many" as the BU dominated the game. Alas it was not to be as the BU's missed chance after chance and too often the final ball was a poor one.

The BU back 4 with Donnelly and Gemmell giving extra protection didn't look under pressure at any point. Yes Dundonald had the odd half chance but it was dealt with fairly well. Our 2 fullbacks Jacobs and Sime were the men of the match for the way they snuffed out their opponents attempts and turned defence into attack.

The midfield of Gemmell Donnelly and Morgan worked hard and won their battles.

Up front Prentice and Wright looked far too tricky for Tweedledum and Tweedledee the 2 Dundonald centrehalfs. Big Alan Mackenzie looked a yard short today after missing the game last week but still put in a shift.

We created enough chances today to win several games and the 0-1 scoreline doesn't reflect our dominance.

11 minutes ago, Bernard_pars_daft said:

Ref was not strong today he ruined my visit to watch a nutural game, both teams worked hard and it could have gone both ways,  

You're having a laugh!  You should have been there two weeks ago if you want to moan about a ref.  In what way was he not strong, apart from waiting 85 minutes to book Smith?

Ref was not strong today he ruined my visit to watch a nutural game, both teams worked hard and it could have gone both ways,  
I watch refs through blue tinted spectacles....... I thought he was good by Fife standards. Got most of the decisions right and he wasn't conned by Calum Smith's playacting.

At 0-1 for about 88 minutes of the game there's only a single goal between the teams but I thought the BU looked far more solid and were clearly the better team.

A really good all-round performance from the lads today.  If only they knew how to score.  Prentice had probably his best game in a Bo'ness shirt and could/should have had a hat-trick.

Donnelly was a trojan in the middle of the park and Snowdon had the measure of Campbell today.  Wee Dev had a great game though and thoroughly deserved MOTM.