Bo'ness United 2018/19

Boness 1 Bonnyrigg 4. With 3 centrehalfs suspended, 2 forwards at a stag weekend, two players phoning in sick and players out injured it was always going to be a difficult game. Some BU players looked to be playing through the pain barrier.
We only had two subs namely Hogg the coach and Murphy the goalie.

How the Bonnyrigg no 4 didn't get a straight red for swinging his elbow into the face of Morgan will always be a mystery.

Murphy just back from holiday late last night, don’t know how match fit he would have been.

No updates today lads ?

Aye you’re on the wrong thread. Again.

Boness 1 Bonnyrigg 4. With 3 centrehalfs suspended, 2 forwards at a stag weekend, two players phoning in sick and players out injured it was always going to be a difficult game. Some BU players looked to be playing through the pain barrier. We only had two subs namely Hogg the coach and Murphy the goalie.

How the Bonnyrigg no 4 didn't get a straight red for swinging his elbow into the face of Morgan will always be a mystery.

Thought Bonnyrigg would win today given our lack of players available, but that score absolutely flattered them IMO. I seen very little about them that suggested to me that we wouldn’t give them a good game of it had all our players been available.

Great pass, cross and finish for Bonnyrigg’s first goal, as was the ball in from the free-kick for their third.

Firstly, nothing but praise for the eleven who turned out today,  Hunter & Andy Shirra not really fit to play, Dev only 15 mins and 1 training session since returning from injury.  Andy having to phone his brother Jamie, just back from working in the Shetlands and hasn't kicked a ball in months.  Players out of position.  All of that looked a recipe for disaster, instead we got a fighting performance that did all of them justice.  The final score did not do them justice

My ire is reserved for those who plan stag do's and call off late for flimsy reasons and basically forget they are meant to be committed to a club.  You may say 'why should they, it's only EOS level, not Premier League'  but that is disrespecting the likes of Michael Gemmell who came off a night shift to play and often does.....because he's committed.

Thought we did alright under the circumstances, and the scoreline was a tad harsh - although I suspect Bonnyrigg could have lifted it a bit if required. But I'd echo the praise for those who pulled on their boots for the cause despite injury, lack of fitness etc. 

Bonnyrigg should go on and win the conference at a canter. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways soon after three (league) games without a victory, although of our results so far only the draw with Haddington was a genuine disappointment. 

Nice to see some away fans as well...

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye you’re on the wrong thread. Again.

Thought Bonnyrigg would win today given our lack of players available, but that score absolutely flattered them IMO. I seen very little about them that suggested to me that we wouldn’t give them a good game of it had all our players been available.

Great pass, cross and finish for Bonnyrigg’s first goal, as was the ball in from the free-kick for their third.

We were right in line with the player who crossed the ball for the first goal and he was at least a yard offside before it was played to him.

Credit to the guys who played yesterday. 

On the betting front Ladbrokes were still giving evens about Bonnyrigg at midday yesterday. 

For me the best XI for the BU' s is Murphy Snowdon Sime Campbell Hunter,. Gemmell , Morgan, Shirra. Mackenzie, Keast and Wright.
Although 5 of them were in the team yesterday a couple of them were out of position and Hunter played although unfit.
Biggest problem was our toothless attack.

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hopefully there's plenty of players at training this week and the manager is spoiled for choice on Saturday.........

........but take your boots just in case we are short of numbers.

You had better tell him where he can get wooden studs as the studs on the boots are a bit worn.