Bo'ness United 2018/19

Both sending offs were a joke but Snowden’s  was absolutely never a red  had great view off it  and the ref didn’t know so he asked his linesmen who was 20 yards behind me  and in no position to see it 

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

The Snowdon one is particularly annoying.  How could he be sent off for conceding a penalty, when their 'keeper got away without even a warning?  Such inconsistencies are the bane of the game.

Under current rules the referee is supposed to consider whether there was a genuine attempt to win the ball before showing a red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity (if it's in the box). Unfortunately - and I should stress this is absolutely not meant as a criticism of the cameraman! - the highlights from last week don't do much to clear up the controversial calls.

It's been frustrating, though, that for two weeks in a row, the referees seem to have been eager to ascribe dastardly motives to any BU indiscretions while assuming the opponents' fouls are innocent mistakes. It's hard to conclusively prove any errors. Not that that stopped me voicing my disapproval... 

Anyway, good to see Captain Dougie sounding bullish in the Evening News. The team are going to need belief tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see on the conference B forum that the Lothian Thistle v Eyemouth game tomorrow is postponed because Eyemouth cannot field a team.

The BU are due at Eyemouth in a few weeks so hopefully Eyemouth get it sorted and bounce back before then.

855BB756-F8BD-4319-A58C-0CA2E4B9EE7B.gif

27 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Going to be a wet pitch and a bit blustery. Hopefully the BU's can score a few goals.
2pm KO.

Mon the BU's !!

Not an outside crowd friendly day but pack out the enclosure. I’ll be ensconced in the Sponsors lounge 

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
6 minutes ago, boness4ever said:
Given our lack of defenders today,maybe the first 2 names on the team sheet should be Marshall & Murphyemoji38.png 

Out of interest who do you think would be the better outfield player ?

No idea,play them in their natural position:thumsup2

16 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

The Snowdon one is particularly annoying.  How could he be sent off for conceding a penalty, when their 'keeper got away without even a warning? 

15 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

Both sending offs were a joke but Snowden’s  was absolutely never a red  had great view off it 

14 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Under current rules the referee is supposed to consider whether there was a genuine attempt to win the ball before showing a red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity (if it's in the box).

Watching the incidents on the highlights as a neutral I must say that it looks like the referee got the big decisions correct.

Campebell RC - it's hard to tell due to the camera angle - but if you slow it down you can see the referee is looking at the players, when the Bo'ness player brings his arm out in front and swings it back into his opponent's face when alongside.  I think the phrase used by the refs would be "using it as a weapon" which is a RC for excessive force.

Snowdon RC - he puts his arm across the attacker's neck and it looks like he brings him down (partially obscured) - if the ref thinks it is a foul he must send him off as it's denial of an obvious goal scoring opportunity, with no attempt to play the ball.

Though I would say that Dundonald's GK should probably have been given a YC at the penalty, so either the referee didn't think it was an obvious goal scoring opportunity or he just forgot.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
2 hours ago, boheesian said:
Not an outside crowd friendly day but pack out the enclosure. I’ll be ensconced in the Sponsors lounge 

Is that you now firmly entrenched in the prawn sandwich brigade ?

Not quite but hoping to graduate to that but the spam  will do for starters.

Boness 1 Bonnyrigg 4. With 3 centrehalfs suspended, 2 forwards at a stag weekend, two players phoning in sick and players out injured it was always going to be a difficult game. Some BU players looked to be playing through the pain barrier.
We only had two subs namely Hogg the coach and Murphy the goalie.

How the Bonnyrigg no 4 didn't get a straight red for swinging his elbow into the face of Morgan will always be a mystery.

Watching the incidents on the highlights as a neutral I must say that it looks like the referee got the big decisions correct.
- it's hard to tell due to the camera angle - but if you slow it down you can see the referee is looking at the players, when the Bo'ness player brings his arm out in front and swings it back into his opponent's face when alongside.  I think the phrase used by the refs would be "using it as a weapon" which is a RC for excessive force.
- he puts his arm across the attacker's neck and it looks like he brings him down (partially obscured) - if the ref thinks it is a foul he must send him off as it's denial of an obvious goal scoring opportunity, with no attempt to play the ball.
Though I would say that Dundonald's GK should probably have been given a YC at the penalty, so either the referee didn't think it was an obvious goal scoring opportunity or he just forgot.

It doesn’t have to be a clear goal scoring opportunity to get a red if he made no attempt to play the ball.