Bo'ness United 2018/19

Where is the final likely to be?

Already have the Monday off work, a post Cup Winning crawl of Lithgae High Street would be most agreeable (apart from the Kelpies and Swan obviously)

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:
2 minutes ago, drs said:
Where is the final likely to be?
Already have the Monday off work, a post Cup Winning crawl of Lithgae High Street would be most agreeable (apart from the Kelpies and Swan obviously)

Why not the Swan and Kelpies ?

...how long have you got! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Camelon vs boness in the final Sunday 25the November 

Which cancels our away trip to Eyemouth on the 24th November.

Bummer.

However back to today and I am waxing lyrical here but a triumph over adversity with grit and determination.  MOTM very difficult McKenzie again puts in  a big shift, the back four/three before Michael Gemmell was shunted back to right back were immense. Campbell( aka Maldini) and Snowdon were outstanding and I've seen "Dougie" D play better (good cross for the winner however.) I wasn't going to critise the Ref but after few  beers I will,  he was shite.  My MOTM Syme by a nose.

As for young McDonald take it on the chin and move on. 

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Camelon vs boness in the final Sunday 25the November 

Which cancels our away trip to Eyemouth on the 24th November.

Also the players were off to Newcastle for a night out after the Eyemouth game,no now

Get them to Newcastle on the 24th, Alan will even buy the last round - so long as its at 4am ;)

Quite some game!   Credit to Prentice for a cracking header to open the scoring.  Defender who tried to handle on the line was rightly yellow card.

Morgan extremely unlucky to have his free-kick 'goal' chalked off.  Linesman had his flag up but no way was anybody interfering with play.  That shot would have made the bottom corner with two goalies there.

Hunter pulling up in the warm-up gave MacDonald a game and he had done well up to the alleged spitting incident.  Not close enough to confirm but no HiHi player was protesting or kicking off at what was supposed to have happened.  The man closest, the linesman didn't even have his flag up.

The ref endeared himself further when he allowed play to continue when Morgan was fouled outside the box.  The ball broke to Syme inside the box, who was then brought down and the ref decided to bring it back to the first incident.  Baffling!

Haddington were certainly on top with a man advantage but we stuck in there and Andy Murphy pulled off some good saves.

When their player got a red and the numbers were even, we went back in command and deservedly struck the winner.

In the last minute their 'keeper came up for a corner and as we were clearing, he clattered into one of our lads.  A yellow all day long but no, not from this ref.  It led to a barney on the pitch, which would have been avoided had the ref done the correct thing and book the keeper.

Great to see Gemmell back today.  Shirra keeps on proving we are a better team with him in it and MacKenzie ran himself into the ground.  Murphy gets my MOTM for keeping us in the tie when a lesser side would have folded.

Edited by Jambo'ness

Linlithgow is the only sensible local choice.

Grass pitch (we'll come back to that), decent sized hospitality, plenty of seats and cover, 15 minutes at most from each club, they can even enforce segregation and its a club in the same league. Okay most of the locals are swan molesting hillbillies but that shouldn't hinder playing the game in the most sensible location.

Other local options - Falkirk, Broxburn, Ochilview, Dunipace would no doubt see the "grass is god" complainers out in force.

Edited by drs