Bo'ness United 2018/19

We have had two losses this season.  After the Jeanfield defeat I was genuinely worried about our chances this season.  After today, I am strangely optimistic.  We had Snowdon, Jacobs, Keast & Gray missing and a half-fit Wright on the bench and yet we still competed strongly against a highly-rated side.

The trick is to maintain that same level against the sides rated lower.  I am confident we will .

We have had two losses this season.  After the Jeanfield defeat I was genuinely worried about our chances this season.  After today, I am strangely optimistic.  We had Snowdon, Jacobs, Keast & Gray missing and a half-fit Wright on the bench and yet we still competed strongly against a highly-rated side.
The trick is to maintain that same level against the sides rated lower.  I am confident we will .

What was the team/formation today Jambo?

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What was the team/formation today Jambo?

Looked like a 442 which turned into a 3 at the back formation when Aldin came on

Starting line up was

Murphy

Donnelly Hunter Campbell Syme

Prentic Morgan Gemmell Watt 

McKenzie                     Sweeney

With the opposition I was expecting us  to be beaten today and therefore wasn't expecting to be leaving raging. Sadly the ref and his assistants decided otherwise! Look forward to the EK TV highlights of that 1st goal again, wonder if they'll include the utterly ridiculous tug on McKenzie that gave them the ball in the first place?

On a more positive note, we created far more  against a team like EK than we did last week against Dunipace and there keeper definitely deserved his MoM award for the number of good saves he had to pull out. On top of that I think Josh MacDonald looked decent at rightback when he came on, far better than his recent performances in midfield. Also good to see Marty back, albeit only for a short stint in the second half, and Sweeney looking to be a decent enough signing who will hopefully be in the goals soon.

Pre-match I was a little worried that Brian Kerr wasn't going to take this cup too seriously as has already happened this season and that fear was confirmed when he left out the spine of our strongest 11 in Craig Reid, Anton Brady, Graeme Holmes, Paul Woods and Craig Malcolm.

Fortunately the guys that came in managed to get the job done although you did put up a great fight and had a few very good chances.  Credit to you for bringing a large away support and I wish you well for the rest of the season.

On 15/09/2018 at 16:13, Deanburn Dave said:

1-0 to East Kilbride. 57 mins. Referee ignored a clear foul in the build up.

On 15/09/2018 at 16:43, Deanburn Dave said:

BU denied a penalty. Kilbride go up the pitch and score. 2-0.

Love it when the video gets posted and shows there was nothing wrong with either goal. First one at 3:17 - it's your own two players coming together. :lol: Second one at 5:51 - slow it down to 0.25x and the EK player clearly gets the ball.