Bo'ness United 2018/19

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

That didn't happen. emoji6.png

No idea where that's come from.

We had a light hearted joke with the ref coming out for the second half where I agreed with him (the ref) that Chris wouldn't have had the gash on his leg from Will's tackle if he hadn't tried to stop Will getting the ball for the free kick in the first place. We were all three laughing about it, was a bit of harmless fun.

Was an even game between two teams playing contrasting styles. Thought we were better first half, fairly even first 15 second before Bo'ness stronger in the last half hour. One goal was always likely to win it and you were more clinical with your opportunities than we were.

With 7 players missing, happy we showed again that as a completely new team we're better than many people expect.

emoji106.png

Go forward 45 minutes and you'll be in the right timeline.

Go forward 45 minutes and you'll be in the right timeline.

See if you can join the dots and figure out why I might know, regardless of timeline, that he didn't act up in the tunnel and certainly wasn't chastised by his manager, which was the point I was answering. [emoji6]

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

See if you can join the dots and figure out why I might know, regardless of timeline, that he didn't act up in the tunnel and certainly wasn't chastised by his manager, which was the point I was answering. emoji6.png

So you're the boss, so sorry for saying it was you who chastised him (being kind there).  Did you see his actions at the end?

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

So you're the boss, so sorry for saying it was you who chastised him (being kind there).  Did you see his actions at the end?

Nothing happened at the end of the game not got a clue what you heard saw or was told about I followed him up the tunnel

At times we had Dougie in the middle and Alan McKenzie out wide,why not swap them about,some of the crosses McKenzie put in needed a guy like McKenzie on the end of them
I honestly don't think big Alan wants to play centre forward. Does he prefer playing out wide against full backs who as a rule are smaller and less physical than him or is it a case that out wide he thinks there is less pressure on him to score goals.

Big Alan has the pace, skills and power to get past centrehalfs but has he the hunger and self belief to do it ?

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I honestly don't think big Alan wants to play centre forward. Does he prefer playing out wide against full backs who as a rule are smaller and less physical than him or is it a case that out wide he thinks there is less pressure on him to score goals.

Big Alan has the pace, skills and power to get past centrehalfs but has he the hunger and self belief to do it ?

Alan needs more support we don't react quick enough and get into the box when he has the ball.  

We are also slow at moving the ball around, we take an extra touch and then lose it, or it's a hoof up the park which become a 50/50, What we need is a player of Shirra's calibre who can see a pass and use the ball. 

Could our game management be better?

Maybe he’s been asked to play wide.

Challenge Cup action this weekend and it is fair to say bo'ness have drawn one of the tougher ties.  Away to LL opposition isn't going to be easy and we are definite underdogs.

Looking at the Non-League scotland site, only one side is used by spectators, which is going to be a little surreal.

Never the less, let's do a Jeanfield and cuff them at their place!