Bo'ness United 2018/19

I know where you're coming from on this Jamboness.    Although we have played 12 games and won 9 it's too often been frustrating around the penalty box in open play.   With the players we have in the team we can keep the ball and pass it around but the final ball is too often not on because there's a big gap in the penalty box where  there should be a striker but inevitably there isn't.        We need a selfish git of a centre forward who will loiter with dangerous intent up front hungry for goals and glory.    A poacher/finisher would make a decent BU side a great BU side.

As for the game v Dunipace tomorrow we need a proper 90 minute shift from all the players.  If we get that I am confident of our winning streak continuing.   

Favourites to get a goal ?...........well at the moment you have to suspect big game Hunter and goal machine Campbell.     Hopefully the BU forwards will be hungry to get on the scoresheet.

12 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I know where you're coming from on this Jamboness.    Although we have played 12 games and won 9 it's too often been frustrating around the penalty box in open play.   With the players we have in the team we can keep the ball and pass it around but the final ball is too often not on because there's a big gap in the penalty box where  there should be a striker but inevitably there isn't.        We need a selfish git of a centre forward who will loiter with dangerous intent up front hungry for goals and glory.    A poacher/finisher would make a decent BU side a great BU side.

As for the game v Dunipace tomorrow we need a proper 90 minute shift from all the players.  If we get that I am confident of our winning streak continuing.   

Favourites to get a goal ?...........well at the moment you have to suspect big game Hunter and goal machine Campbell.     Hopefully the BU forwards will be hungry to get on the scoresheet.

Decent to great. He would have to be some player. Decent to good perhaps but great, never.

Happy to downscale Great to Really Good if it keeps you happy. With Syme, Morgan and the returning Donnelly in the team we are a more solid unit than last year. You put a striker in that team who can lead the line and bang in a goal in the harder games and the BU's will have a very good season.

Decent day for Fitbaw today. Mon the BU's !!!

1-0 win for BU. Neither side had much up front so it looked like a 0-0 on the cards for most of the game but the BU got a chance and watt slotted it in. Will Snowdon had a good game but MOTM for me was Mackenzie for yet another great shift.

A fair assessment.

Truly dreadful performance. 

FFS with the doom and gloom....

It was just one of those games where there was little between the sides. Both teams worked hard, neither allowed each other to play any football but nobody really put a foot wrong. Dunipace deserve credit for being a decent side and not making it easy far more than Bo’ness deserve criticism for winning. Again. I’ll take all the 1-0’s.

A thought dunipace were descent team today  and will cause problems for lot off teams  1st half a thought dunipace edged it but 2nd half a thought Bo’ness were better and pressed them back and created a few clear chances MOTM McKenzie it just shows you that you can still grind out wins with  4 players injured 

26 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

A thought dunipace were descent team today  and will cause problems for lot off teams  1st half a thought dunipace edged it but 2nd half a thought Bo’ness were better and pressed them back and created a few clear chances MOTM McKenzie it just shows you that you can still grind out wins with  4 players injured 

You’d had better preach the sermon to your neighbours over the flints

I think we spent too much time trying to get used to not playing Crossgates!  Definitely not going to be fun compiling the highlights of that game.

Still, we got the win and another 3 points.  For me Snowdon was the MOTM, not only for his play but also not getting involved with the number 7.  You can tell Dunipace have grown in the game, signing Ashley Young!  In all honesty, he was a disgrace and the referee really should have grown a pair with his antics.  I also believe he acted up in the tunnel too, when his own boss had to chastise him.

The trialist on show had a decent start.  He looks nippy and is eager to move around, not remain static.  I would take the gamble and get him on board before the EK game, because we need some threat up front.

I also believe he acted up in the tunnel too, when his own boss had to chastise him.

That didn't happen. [emoji6]

No idea where that's come from.

We had a light hearted joke with the ref coming out for the second half where I agreed with him (the ref) that Chris wouldn't have had the gash on his leg from Will's tackle if he hadn't tried to stop Will getting the ball for the free kick in the first place. We were all three laughing about it, was a bit of harmless fun.

Was an even game between two teams playing contrasting styles. Thought we were better first half, fairly even first 15 second before Bo'ness stronger in the last half hour. One goal was always likely to win it and you were more clinical with your opportunities than we were.

With 7 players missing, happy we showed again that as a completely new team we're better than many people expect.

[emoji106]

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

You’d had better preach the sermon to your neighbours over the flints

BD shit happens. Unfortunately we are woefully short of strikers with both Wright and Keast out for a few weeks add in Jacobs and Gray and it's a tad unfortunate. We are grinding out results and whilst I love us to win in style winning is winning in however you do it.

The young guy who came on almost scored with his first touch and displayed a lot of energy but FFS he should have started if you want him to show his capabilities. 

Just a dig at the Rose about their underhand approach for our Physio - who will join them when we find a replacement- fecking disgraceful. 

Wonder who they are tapping up to replace Bradley as his jaickit is almost aff the wa'. His job must be on the line. 

IMHO McKenzie MOTM.

Edited by boheesian