Bo'ness United 2018/19

18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Hope we can have a win and a game like that when we play Dunipace next. Could live without the 3 against mind you. Seemed like we tried our damnedest to give 8 men that on Saturday!

Calm doon

Having watched the footage from Saturday you have to say the BU's were fortunate  with the Crossgates 2nd red card.  You clearly see Morgan who was on a yellow himself hook his arm around the neck of the Crossgates player  to slow him down. The ref misses that but two seconds later sees the same Primrose player square up to Morgan (to no doubt remonstate about the arm around the neck )and get a second yellow for his trouble.  It could so easily have been 10 v 10 rather than 11 v 9.   

As for the Crossgates goal.   Nice overheard kick by the wee ginger player who before the game told his mate on the terraces he wasn't starting because "my back is f**ked".   

3rd Round of Alex Jack Cup

Camelon v Dalkeith Thistle
Tranent v Bo'ness United
Hill of Beath v Haddington Athletic or Edinburgh United
Dunipace v Broxburn Athletic

Semi Finals

Dunipace or Broxburn Athletic v Camelon or Dalkeith Thistle
Hill of Beath or Haddington Athletic or Edinburgh United v Tranent or Bo'ness

Two away ties (hopefully !!).....................boo
Edited by Deanburn Dave

Tranent started well in the league qualifying cup winning their three games and scoring 25 goals in the process.   They were then  thrashed 1-8 by Bonnyrigg but bounced back by going to Sauchie and winning 1-3.   

But the most important thing to remember about Tranent is they heat up Bridies under a hot grill.............burnt black pastry on the outside but still salmonella cool in the middle ofthe meat.  Feckin savages !!! 

Having watched the footage from Saturday you have to say the BU's were fortunate  with the Crossgates 2nd red card.  You clearly see Morgan who was on a yellow himself hook his arm around the neck of the Crossgates player  to slow him down. The ref misses that but two seconds later sees the same Primrose player square up to Morgan (to no doubt remonstate about the arm around the neck )and get a second yellow for his trouble.  It could so easily have been 10 v 10 rather than 11 v 9.   
As for the Crossgates goal.   Nice overheard kick by the wee ginger player who before the game told his mate on the terraces he wasn't starting because "my back is f**ked".   

Had you seen the game and not just the highlights, you would have seen that the second player sent off for Crossgates was just a walking time bomb, getting involved is squabbles all over the place, myself and those around me predicted his sending off from the minute he was booked, 8 minutes of highlights don’t give you the full picture!

8 hours ago, Legless said:

Had you seen the game and not just the highlights, you would have seen that the second player sent off for Crossgates was just a walking time bomb, getting involved is squabbles all over the place, myself and those around me predicted his sending off from the minute he was booked, 8 minutes of highlights don’t give you the full picture!

To defend Dave, he was certainly there.  Yes that numpty was a walking time-bomb, still holding a grudge about not having a proper number in the first game.  Dave's point is valid though.  Morgan could have walked quite easily.

Still the biggest puzzle for me is how we let a team with 8 men score against us.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

3rd Round of Alex Jack Cup

Camelon v Dalkeith Thistle
Tranent v Bo'ness United
Hill of Beath v Haddington Athletic or Edinburgh United
Dunipace v Broxburn Athletic

Semi Finals

Dunipace or Broxburn Athletic v Camelon or Dalkeith Thistle
Hill of Beath or Haddington Athletic or Edinburgh United v Tranent or Bo'ness

Two away ties (hopefully !!).....................boo

Tranent, historically, has been a bit of a graveyard for Bo'ness.  Hopefully the guys are going to treat this tie very seriously.

To defend Dave, he was certainly there.  Yes that numpty was a walking time-bomb, still holding a grudge about not having a proper number in the first game.  Dave's point is valid though.  Morgan could have walked quite easily.
Still the biggest puzzle for me is how we let a team with 8 men score against us.

I don’t disagree, but taking that in isolation from the highlights doesn’t give you the full picture of the number 6’s behaviour after his first booking.
Bo’ness should’ve had Crossgates dead and buried and at the end were hanging on against 8 men! They are in the next round though and that’s what counts.

Tranent started well in the league qualifying cup winning their three games and scoring 25 goals in the process.   They were then  thrashed 1-8 by Bonnyrigg but bounced back by going to Sauchie and winning 1-3.   

But the most important thing to remember about Tranent is they heat up Bridies under a hot grill.............burnt black pastry on the outside but still salmonella cool in the middle ofthe meat.  Feckin savages !!!

All that money to pay Ian Black with and they can’t afford a decent working oven. Correct though. Fucking disgusting. Eat before you go or grab something at Greggs down the street when visiting Tranent.

Lighten up then:thumsup2

Sorry I’ve no idea what you’re on about?

18 minutes ago, Specky said:

8mile you criticise Tranent's facilities but at least they have their own ground.....

Specky, 

You need to just accept that the BU's will still be playing at Newtown Park a long, long, long time after you are worm food.     Time to move on from your obsession.