Bo'ness United 2018/19

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

Now I know that both Wright and McKenzie were absent today - both at weddings - why wasn't Rintoul given a chance. Keast was then injured taking the penalty and had to go off- why wasn't Snowdon given the chance to atone for his last penalty miss? - and we replace him with a defensive midfielder and still no Rintoul. He then substitutes Prentice for Watt - who IMO did not look fit - still no Rintoul. Now I don't know if Jacobs had taken a knock but to substitute him for Gray was IMO a poor move as the guy is not fit. 

Rintoul has bags of energy and would have been an ideal target for an out ball but no he brings on two unfit players in Watt and Gray. If we were 4 or 5 up yes but hanging on 2-1 it was madness. 

My MOTM split between Gemmell and Morgan. As Sheep says 3 pts and I agree but the man management in that game was terrible.

Hunter6 where are you?

Jacobs did indeed seem to twist his knee when his attempted clearance was blocked and no surprise he was subbed. Morgan is an important player for us and pleased he scored - motm 

28 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Would love to see our best starting 11 we’ve not had that with injury’s holidays and weddings  

You going to disagree with my best starting 11 Sheep :-

Murphy with back 4 of Snowdon, Syme, Hunter and Campbell.    Middle 3 of Gemmell, Morgan and Donnelly.  Front 3 MacKenzie, Keast and Wright. 

47 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Would love to see our best starting 11 we’ve not had that with injury’s holidays and weddings  

I think every other team is in the same boat just now.  One thing I don't like is the rotation in goals every game.  That can't be good for the defence.  They need to have a regular number one to work in front of.

31 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Murphy with back 4 of Snowdon, Syme, Hunter and Campbell.    Middle 3 of Gemmell, Morgan and Donnelly.  Front 3 MacKenzie, Keast and Wright. 

Shirra  for me is still good enough waste off talent coaching has plenty to offer 

No Dev?? Probably be the first or second name on my team-sheet.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Totally agree. MF trio of Gemmell, Morgan & Jacobs. Just a wee word on Gemmell worked a late shift - he's a fireman - no sleep and turned in his usual top performance. That's committment. 

Edited by boheesian

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes no Dev. Don't think his form this season has matched that of last season. Donnelly for me is in the team for his physical presence especially when there's head tennis in midfield.

Have to agree with you Dave.  Dev is a trier but this season it's not come off for him yet.  Big Doogs is a unit and is perfect to have in the team when playing sides who rely more on muscle than technique.

Yes no Dev. Don't think his form this season has matched that of last season. Donnelly for me is in the team for his physical presence especially when there's head tennis in midfield.

Sorry DD but I think that’s nonsense and totally disagree, especially as we’re only a month into the season. The time to compare his form this season to last will be next May.

Dev’s probably the most consistent, dependable and effective player Bo’ness have IMO. It’s frustrating when we have injuries and need to play him at fullback, but he’s always solid playing there too. A midfield three of Dev, Gemmell and Morgan will get the ball down and play the game properly and we shouldn’t be worrying about head-tennis in midfield, even if the opposition are one of those type of teams. I think most BU supporters would love to see Chris Donnelly in the side, myself included, but not in a three man midfield at the expense of Gemmell, Dev or Morgan.

On 25/08/2018 at 18:43, boheesian said:

Now I know that both Wright and McKenzie were absent today - both at weddings - why wasn't Rintoul given a chance. Keast was then injured taking the penalty and had to go off- why wasn't Snowdon given the chance to atone for his last penalty miss? - and we replace him with a defensive midfielder and still no Rintoul. He then substitutes Prentice for Watt - who IMO did not look fit - still no Rintoul. Now I don't know if Jacobs had taken a knock but to substitute him for Gray was IMO a poor move as the guy is not fit. 

Rintoul has bags of energy and would have been an ideal target for an out ball but no he brings on two unfit players in Watt and Gray. If we were 4 or 5 up yes but hanging on 2-1 it was madness. 

My MOTM split between Gemmell and Morgan. As Sheep says 3 pts and I agree but the man management in that game was terrible.

Hunter6 where are you?

Lol, still having a wee peak from time to time but have enough problems at Arthurlie to worry about you guys. Having said that it looks from afar that there are a few of yous just waiting for Stevie to fail . I could understand it if you guys have been successful recently but you haven't. I saw yous last season v Hurlford and thought you were robbed that day. Spoke to a few fans and they seemed happy with what Kegs was doing. Get behind your team for goodness sake, you are actually complaining about an away win. Said what i think and wont be looking in anymore. All the best.