Bo'ness United 2018/19

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Sorry I don’t follow... Why what?

Well as supporters we have moaned about who we have recruited this season. Last nights starting 11 contained one new player - Morgan -  plus the return of Donnelly. Main criticism was no strikers signed - still need one - fitness level looked poor. 

Well, since the first game overall performance has improved as showed last night the players kept it going to the end plus we looked better organised. 

Why? Possibly assistant coach Hogg IMO.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Well as supporters we have moaned about who we have recruited this season. Last nights starting 11 contained one new player - Morgan -  plus the return of Donnelly. Main criticism was no strikers signed - still need one - fitness level looked poor. 

Well, since the first game overall performance has improved as showed last night the players kept it going to the end plus we looked better organised. 

Why? Possibly assistant coach Hogg IMO.

Quite amusing keeping tabs on this forum, seems like you guys enjoy a moan no matter what. Did Kegs maybe free you at some point lol!!  You and is it Barrystown are comedy gold.

wonder why he did not sign for boness.:rolleyes:
His first choice is to play higher up the leagues. His second choice was to be an automatic starter in a top EoSFL side but that wasn't going to happen at Bo'ness. So now he looks prepared to drop his standards and join a struggling side where he will look like a thoroughbred in a field of donkeys.

Quite amusing keeping tabs on this forum, seems like you guys enjoy a moan no matter what. Did Kegs maybe free you at some point lol!!  You and is it Barrystown are comedy gold.
Us BU fans love a good moan.....but we love a BU victory more.

Not getting carried away with the 5-0 win as that Lothian Thistle side were poor compared to their previous teams we have played against. Looked disjointed, undisciplined and less skillful than they did last season.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Us BU fans love a good moan.....but we love a BU victory more.

Not getting carried away with the 5-0 win as that Lothian Thistle side were poor compared to their previous teams we have played against. Looked disjointed, undisciplined and less skillful than they did last season.

We only moan because we care.  Players come and go, we do not.  I would like to think criticism is honest, even constructive but certainly not moaning after last nights performance.  Now all focus to be directed on our triple-header with Crossgates.

We are getting lots of goals from set pieces. Mainly down to the delivery from Morgan which has been exceptional. Centrehalfs are happily getting into the box knowing that there's goals there for the taking. The "train" at corners is also causing defences a problem. When you have the likes of Hunter, Campbell, Mackenzie and Donnelly running in a curved line and then scattering into the box as the ball arrives the defenders just have to hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, lithgierose said:
wonder why he did not sign for boness.:rolleyes:

His first choice is to play higher up the leagues. His second choice was to be an automatic starter in a top EoSFL side but that wasn't going to happen at Bo'ness. So now he looks prepared to drop his standards and join a struggling side where he will look like a thoroughbred in a field of donkeys.

hows the ground improvements coming along,has newtoon even got a safety certificate for the mineshafts ?

Was a bit surprised when i saw the score from last night... My club Beith are due to play Lothian Th in the Scottish in a few weeks time. Did Lothian just have an off night last night and everything Boness touched turned to gold? Lothian and Kelty both ran away with the league last season winning 6,7,8 nil every week which makes me question how strong the league was last season. I also understand Lothian last season did have a load of farmouts from teams like Hibs Hearts etc so not sure if its same this season.

I think with the teams like yourselves Bonnyrigg etc joining it may give the existing teams from the EOS set up something to think about... All the best for the season guys :) 

1 hour ago, stumpy said:

Was a bit surprised when i saw the score from last night... My club Beith are due to play Lothian Th in the Scottish in a few weeks time. Did Lothian just have an off night last night and everything Boness touched turned to gold? Lothian and Kelty both ran away with the league last season winning 6,7,8 nil every week which makes me question how strong the league was last season. I also understand Lothian last season did have a load of farmouts from teams like Hibs Hearts etc so not sure if its same this season.

I think with the teams like yourselves Bonnyrigg etc joining it may give the existing teams from the EOS set up something to think about... All the best for the season guys :) 

Linlithgow played them on Saturday in a friendly and lost 2-1 despite them ending up with 9 men.

I thought they were a decent side - albeit we were masters of our own downfall.  Certainly didn't expext them to lose 5-0 to Bo'ness (no disrespect intended for once..!!)

I would still fully expext you guys to turn them over.

6 hours ago, Hunter6 said:

Absolutely nothing against Kegs just felt that his decisions against Jeanfield in the second half were an act of desperation. 

Have you been to all or any of our games this season? 

Who or what the feck is Barrystown ? An Irish racecourse perhaps or figment of your imagination.