Bo'ness United 2018/19

13 hours ago, Swiftlygo said:

I see... as I said I thought you's looked good for the most part and we were sharp on the counter attack. Pre season not gone well then eh.....

Pre season results might have flattered us 2 victories over teams we would expect to beat a fortunate draw against Auchinleck and a 1-0 loss to Pollok.

4 players brought in, and the return of Chris Donnelly who missed 75% of last season due to injury but we have not solved the striker problem. Manager seems reliant on bringing in players from the West.

Quite impressed with Josh McDonald from what I’ve seen. Still got Gray, Campbell and Prentice to return. Not strikers though.

Still no striker, still no centre half. Brought in a left back which no one can complain about as he is decent . Brings in players in what is Bo’ness strongest area, ie midfield! Brings in a keeper, is that the priority? Have to admit I’m puzzled as the weakest areas have not been addressed or maybe I have been watching a different Bo’ness?

1 hour ago, Legless said:

Still no striker, still no centre half. Brought in a left back which no one can complain about as he is decent . Brings in players in what is Bo’ness strongest area, ie midfield! Brings in a keeper, is that the priority? Have to admit I’m puzzled as the weakest areas have not been addressed or maybe I have been watching a different Bo’ness?

Nope. Our season finished early so you would expect some player movement. Josh McDonald is a centre-half and can play midfield. As you say we got a left-back one was needed, also another keeper - not urgent - anyway we got one.   

Our one pacy midfielder - Callum Scott - decided to have time out of the game - though is still under contract. Maybe he'll be back.

The return of Zander Miller isn't going to happen. 

So where/who are the strikers we so badly need?

12 hours ago, boheesian said:

Nope. Our season finished early so you would expect some player movement. Josh McDonald is a centre-half and can play midfield. As you say we got a left-back one was needed, also another keeper - not urgent - anyway we got one.   

Our one pacy midfielder - Callum Scott - decided to have time out of the game - though is still under contract. Maybe he'll be back.

The return of Zander Miller isn't going to happen. 

So where/who are the strikers we so badly need?

We have craig Donaldsonfor sale good creative midfielder turned down sauchie. We could be doing with losing a striker think have too many preferably Lewis small

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

We have craig Donaldsonfor sale good creative midfielder turned down sauchie. We could be doing with losing a striker think have too many preferably Lewis small

Was never sure if Lewis Small  flattered to deceive or got a raw deal at Linlithgow.

35 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Was never sure if Lewis Small  flattered to deceive or got a raw deal at Linlithgow.

Yeh I rememberyou guys saying that when we signed him. Club seem to like him he'd be the one to move on. We have Lewis, Ross Cameron, kieran anderson, Ross crawford, Alan docherty,Alan sneddon and Connor Mckenzie alright some of them play more wide players but for me one should move on and for me that would be small. Herdy would need to make that decision. To me he's am individual player plenty ofskill  doesn't score enough goals. 

18 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

We had him on loan from East Stirling a few years back.  The way things are going we'll be looking to bring back Joe Savage

Big Joe might get u a good player right enough he was a scout at Norwich was touted as director of football for rangers at one point. 

On 10 February 2018 after the drubbing at Broughty I posted in the 2017/18 thread that I did not think Kerrigan was the correct man for the manager/coach position. I still stand by this comment. The display against Jeanfield was worse than Broughty. Other posters in the last few days have highlighted the areas of dissatisfaction and weakness so I don't need to reiterate them. I'll  just point out his record in competitive games since his first game against Camelon at home on 13 January 2018 : Played 23, Won 11, Drawn 4, Lost 8, a win record of 48%. Quite frankly that's not good enough for Bo'ness United. In my opinion it's time for him to go. The committee should have the balls to sack him before any more damage is done.  

9 hours ago, Borrowstounness said:

On 10 February 2018 after the drubbing at Broughty I posted in the 2017/18 thread that I did not think Kerrigan was the correct man for the manager/coach position. I still stand by this comment. The display against Jeanfield was worse than Broughty. Other posters in the last few days have highlighted the areas of dissatisfaction and weakness so I don't need to reiterate them. I'll  just point out his record in competitive games since his first game against Camelon at home on 13 January 2018 : Played 23, Won 11, Drawn 4, Lost 8, a win record of 48%. Quite frankly that's not good enough for Bo'ness United. In my opinion it's time for him to go. The committee should have the balls to sack him before any more damage is done.  

Not in the sacking for sackings sake camp and especially with only one competitive game played. However, not happy with the failure to address the areas where we need players. 

12 hours ago, Borrowstounness said:

Strange post with a record like that from a team that was fighting relegation. I've said before send him back to Dunterlie. Be careful what you wish for, just look at us now!!

13 hours ago, Borrowstounness said:

I suppose the fact he was so close to McGonigal goes against him.  Cannot imagine him getting the bullet this early.  Who would you choose at this late juncture anyway?

Dealt a blow with Scott walking away but has to address the other issues soon.