Bo'ness United 2018/19

None from Super League sides. Those were players who turned down far better money at a Super League side to stay.

5 new and 1 promoted from our 2002s. 4 of those 5 have come from spfl clubs

Tactically and personnel wise Jeanfield got it right.  Play it quickly forward to players who are in an open space.  Then get other players forward quickly to support them.  It's not rocket science.

Meantime the BU's are playing it along the backline, before playing it into a striker who has wandered back into a cluttered midfield.  Striker dribbles a bit before playing it back to a midfielder who is now sitting on top of the BU back 4 and has no option but to hit a speculative ball up the park to the other BU forward who is surrounded by at least 3 opposition defenders..............and repeat ad finitum.    Todays play was like Groundhog Day.   It was frustrating beyond believe.   Surely Kegs and the players can come up with a system that creates a better performance and more shots on our opponents goal.

5 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Don't even know where to begin with that. Nil-two a decent result all things considered. 

Like  jigsaw pieces from a lot of different boxes, nothing fitted. We lacked passion, pace and a fecking plan. Jeanfield's front three ran our back four ragged they closed us down quickly and we didn't have the ability to even find our own players when we did have the ball. 

Moving Hunter up front was an act of desperation by a Manager devoid of ideas. Why was Rintoul not brought on instead of shuffling the pack? A team with plenty of experience but no plan. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Spot on Boheesian. Going to be a long season.

We have an squad of 17 of which 8 are in age bracket 30+ 3 in the back four, 4 in the midfield ( where yesterday we were exposed through lack of pace). 

We have over the seasons let young players with potential go to other clubs and be successfull and again another one slips through the net - Ryan Bachelor (left-back) signed by Camelon last week - by not offering a contract. I'm not sure if Rintoul has signed or not but don't lose another one.

1 minute ago, boheesian said:

We have an squad of 17 of which 8 are in age bracket 30+ 3 in the back four, 4 in the midfield ( where yesterday we were exposed through lack of pace). 

We have over the seasons let young players with potential go to other clubs and be successfull and again another one slips through the net - Ryan Bachelor (left-back) signed by Camelon last week - by not offering a contract. I'm not sure if Rintoul has signed or not but don't lose another one.

I have noticed that the more successful teams in last years Superleague all had pace and Keltyfrom the previous year - a must now in football 

Fair enjoyed my first visit to  Bo'ness thought we looked dangerous on the break where we got our first. We did play better in second half. Must say first 45 you's looked very good and felt luck to be leading the game. Bit surprised with the amount of stick for a bad 45. Anyway thanks for the hospitality  and best of luck for season ahead.

I have noticed that the more successful teams in last years Superleague all had pace and Keltyfrom the previous year - a must now in football 

The successful teams in nearly all the seaside leagues have an element of pace to their game. It’s not a new thing though but Bo’ness have been spectacularly missing it for far too long now.

5 hours ago, boheesian said:

We've certainly let good ones go in the past.  Not sure though if Bachelor will be any loss as he didn't look the part at the end of last season.  The fact Kegs didn't use Rintoul yesterday suggests he doesn't have confidence in him, rightly or wrongly.

3 hours ago, Swiftlygo said:

Fair enjoyed my first visit to  Bo'ness thought we looked dangerous on the break where we got our first. We did play better in second half. Must say first 45 you's looked very good and felt luck to be leading the game. Bit surprised with the amount of stick for a bad 45. Anyway thanks for the hospitality  and best of luck for season ahead.

It may seem that reaction is OTT over a bad 45 minutes but it is a culmination of several problems which came to a head yesterday.  It shouldn't be forgotten we are now on a 4 match losing run in competitive games. 

Maybe we will look better with those missing yesterday in the side.  Only time will tell but every fan knows we are missing a striker.  I had hoped we would have learned from our mistakes of last season but again we have left things very late if we want to improve on what we have.

33 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

We've certainly let good ones go in the past.  Not sure though if Bachelor will be any loss as he didn't look the part at the end of last season.  The fact Kegs didn't use Rintoul yesterday suggests he doesn't have confidence in him, rightly or wrongly.

It may seem that reaction is OTT over a bad 45 minutes but it is a culmination of several problems which came to a head yesterday.  It shouldn't be forgotten we are now on a 4 match losing run in competitive games. 

Maybe we will look better with those missing yesterday in the side.  Only time will tell but every fan knows we are missing a striker.  I had hoped we would have learned from our mistakes of last season but again we have left things very late if we want to improve on what we have.

He looked the part in pre season and he looked the part yesterday the lads 18. Yous are moaning about older players in your team but moan about young ones who will need time to settle. Our 19 players signed. Sneddon don morrison and Jordan Devlin if he comes back travelling are over 24

40 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

He looked the part in pre season and he looked the part yesterday the lads 18. Yous are moaning about older players in your team but moan about young ones who will need time to settle. Our 19 players signed. Sneddon don morrison and Jordan Devlin if he comes back travelling are over 24

Yes, I was "moaning" about older players but did not "moan" about Bachelor.  I merely stated what I thought from watching him last season.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

I see... as I said I thought you's looked good for the most part and we were sharp on the counter attack. Pre season not gone well then eh.....

1 hour ago, Swiftlygo said:

I see... as I said I thought you's looked good for the most part and we were sharp on the counter attack. Pre season not gone well then eh.....

Maybe I have too high standards but after speaking to others after the game, I can assure you the consensus of opinion was no improvement from last season......and that's me being kind.