Bo'ness United 2018/19

Hate to ask but how did Pollok look ?  Could be a long season again for the lie.
How's your new squad coming together under kegs?
How did Pollok look ?
I thought they looked a decent team all across the pitch with no obvious soft spots. Muhammed Nyang in the midfield looked a real handful to play against but had it been a competitive game he probably wouldn't have got away with the 3 or 4 yellow card offences he committed.
The caveat in saying Pollok looked decent was the BU's had a fairly lightweight frontline and we have new players settling in or just back at training so the Pollok defence wasn't tested as fully as I would have liked.

I like the look of the signings he's made.  If I have one reservation it is the over-reliance on a lot of the guys who failed us last year.  He is on the right lines though.

I get your point Jambo. The Pollok game had that "last season" feel in that we were on top for most of the first half but didn't score. Then second half its wham bam two passes and an attacker is in on our keeper with our defence looking less than clever. 0-1.

Devon Jacobs hasn't looked happy at right back in the last 2 games. Maybe Michael Gemmel and him should swap places. Michael looks more solid at right back IMO.

I am talking about defenders but the elephant in the room is our lack of goals and attempts on target. Marty Wright and Fraser Keast don't score many goals and big McKenzie works his socks off but scores even less. We rely on set pieces and centre halfs more often than not for goals. Too many times our forwards play some nice touches outside the box or in wide areas but the minute they are in the box it all goes to pieces.

It's stating the bleeding obvious but if we are going to concede a soft goal in every game then we need to have a team set up that is likely to score at least 2 goals a game.

Hopefully Kegs and the players can get this sorted out before the season starts for real.

Not what wanted to here but they've been building under Tony McInally for a few year now. Unlike us.. I'm sure you's will be an improved outfit this season .. managed to see your highlights and it looked like you had if not the same maybe more chance. Cant stand that mob lol

Edited by Hunter6

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

BU play well?

First half after going 2 down,we thought we were in for a hiding,but we dug in,and got a gift of an og before HT,2ND half Talbot had better chances,but a fluke/great goal,(make ur own mind up if u see highlights) by McKenzie near the end got the draw,as has been said before,WE NEED A STRIKER BADLY

Second goal was an own goal as well. Credit to them for coming back from two down at Auchinleck - albeit with two slices of luck! - but we were second best throughout. 

And Will managed to get himself booked for mouthing off in a friendly. Plus ca change. 

What was the BU lineup ?
Trialist (Murphy)

Snowdon, Jacobs, Hunter, Campbell

Morgan, Watt (Trialist), Gray (Rintoul) Mcdonald

Keast and MacKenzie.

Very difficult afternoon because of the small match squad available. Good comeback under the circumstances, but Talbot were the better team for long spells.

First goal looked good as it crashed in off the underside of the bar but I thought  the second goal was actually better.............nice swivel and finish...........cracking goal !!

Based on the highlights it looks like a 2-2 scoreline was a tad fortunate for us.

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

G71 6HQ is the postcode for Thorniewood according to the non league website. Should take about 45 minutes.
Mon the BU' s !!!

Supporters club AGM on at the same time