Bo'ness United 2018/19

It was West Calder today so not getting too excited but I think the BU's will be OK this season. There was a balance to the side, a bit of creativity and some dig around the pitch. Maybe too much dig for a friendly as Prentice tackle in front of enclosure was probably a red in most matches and there were at least 4 fouls worthy of a yellow card. Overall a good runout.

Watched this game today and Boness deservedly won but have to say it`s the best West Calder side I`ve seen . Thought Boness at times tried to play the hard pass when easier options were available but still a good workout for yous .

Referee kit today :- red top black shorts........ exactly the same colours as West Calder !!! Surprised Michael Gemmel didn't tackle him at some point. What was truly baffling was he came out 2nd half with a black top on. Surely he realised his error before KO and should have changed his kit then.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Referee kit today :- red top black shorts........ exactly the same colours as West Calder !!! Surprised Michael Gemmel didn't tackle him at some point. What was truly baffling was he came out 2nd half with a black top on. Surely he realised his error before KO and should have changed his kit then.

Jings Dave - you have a lot to learn. Referees don’t make errors. 

6 minutes ago, PatP said:

Jings Dave - you have a lot to learn. Referees don’t make errors. 

Oops silly me..................should probably have said "surely the West Calder players should have realised their mistake and played with their "taps aff".

Yes a good run out for the BU's today and we still have Snowdon, Hunter, Gray, Keast, McKenzie and Donnelly to return.   

Only been 1 game but I reckon the 3 new boys Watt, Syme and Morgan will all be looking to be playing in the first team.    Syme as a left back will be in the first XI but there's going to be a real battle for the midfield jerseys which is a situation that is long overdue.

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m on holiday so no I wasn’t at the game and that’s why I was asking.

Rhino was a total bag of nerves.............when the ball went in his box his movement and handling was awful.     Defenders and him didn't know what was happening and after a good defensive performance for 75 minutes his nervousness in goal IMO affected the back 4 .   The clean sheet was more down to luck and poor finishing than anything else.    

It's great that Rhino is on the bench "just in case"  but he needs to really sharpen up his game and probably lose a few stone if he is to get more game time.

On the plus side the new boys look good and it could (I said could) be a decent season. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sure Kegs will bring in another couple of players before the league campaign kicks off. Right back and centrehalf more pressing positions than a striker IMO.

I'm happy with either Dev or Gemmell at right back.  For both its their natural position.  Certainly the centre is an area to strengthen and on the back of yesterday alone, the trialist at the back should be signed up.

I'm happy with either Dev or Gemmell at right back.  For both its their natural position. Certainly the centre is an area to strengthen and on the back of yesterday alone, the trialist at the back should be signed up.

Both are good right backs but both their natural positions is centre midfield. Fairly sure Gemmell and Dev feel that way too. Agree that we need to bring in a right back and centre half though. Snowden, Campbell and Hunter need competition, although I’m wondering if Snowden may play in the middle of defence more regularly nowadays.