Bo'ness United 2018/19

On the Unofficial BU website in mid June it said Kegs wanted an 18 man squad .    I reckon we are up to 16 (and 17 if Rhino is still there as sub goalie) :-
Goalie: Murphy
Defenders: Snowdon Campbell Hunter Syme
Midfielders: Gray Morgan Watt Scott 
Forwards: Keast Wright Prentice McKenzie....................and utility players (!!) Gemmell, Donnelly and Jacobs

Be really interesting over the next fortnight seeing how that group of players get moulded into a first XI.   Personally I hope we go 4-4-2 with McKenzie and Keast up top.  

BU v West Calder tomorrow at Newtown Park KO 2.30.  Mon the BU's !!!

38 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

On the Unofficial BU website in mid June it said Kegs wanted an 18 man squad .    I reckon we are up to 16 (and 17 if Rhino is still there as sub goalie) :-
Goalie: Murphy
Defenders: Snowdon Campbell Hunter Syme
Midfielders: Gray Morgan Watt Scott 
Forwards: Keast Wright Prentice McKenzie....................and utility players (!!) Gemmell, Donnelly and Jacobs

Be really interesting over the next fortnight seeing how that group of players get moulded into a first XI.   Personally I hope we go 4-4-2 with McKenzie and Keast up top.  

BU v West Calder tomorrow at Newtown Park KO 2.30.  Mon the BU's !!!

Would have hoped they would keep young Rintoul who looked a prospect when he got the chance. Think they are still in talks with another central defender as well. 

Sublty put but you really didn't mean utility did you? :P

Edited by boheesian

Agree with you Boheesian re young Rintoul.    ........................and the "utility players" description was a genuine attempt to recognise their willingness to assist the team by playing in different positions..

Interestingly enough there is a "top 8 utility players in the premier league" list which includes:- Daley Blind, Phil Jones and Eric Dier and to be honest I would much rather watch Gemmell, Donnelly and Jacobs than those 3 muppets.    

Decent run-out for the guys, remembering several weren't available today.  The new signings Morgan, Syme & Watt are definitely better than anyone we signed last pre-season.

I hope we snap up the number 4 from today as he looked a class act, first in central defence, then in central midfield.

Dave is right about Rhino though, had at most 4 touches and each one was a muck-up.  Was furious with himself but we need a proper back-up for the season ahead.

18 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

Young James needs a chance to show his quality  10  15 mins here and there doesn’t give anybody an opinion off  him  

James is a good player like sheep77 says needs game time BU need to bring young players on 

trialist 3  today was another local lad from bo’ness from under 19’s 

Ended 3-0. The new players looked good. Only real negative for me was that Rhino had a horrid 15 mins in goal. If Murphy got injured Rhino doesn't look able to cover.

What was horrid about Rhino’s 15 mins in goal if he never conceded?