Bo'ness United 2018/19

3 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The benefits to Community clubs linking to parent clubs, should run top to bottom.

One overall joint management committee the 2 are completely seperate

Sorry yes your right pulling as one seems doesn’t work that way at bo’ness 

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Community Club teams tend to be well supported by parents with plenty volunteers through the age levels.  A revolving door providing a regular influx of new parents/volunteers compared to the ageing committee at Bo'ness.

Many of these community clubs are also financial gold mines - with kids charged to train, play, fundraisers and all the kit which dad can also buy and pretend he is Steven Gerrard or Brendan Rodgers.

As a result often these clubs want no more involvement than the name of the club

Or Derek MCINNES 

7 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

As I said last year  set up a facility where you can pay £10 a month DD  into Bo’ness United  and it’s used for players transfers and  making changes to the ground  but response was join the 100 club  which am not interested in  .Surely we could get 200 people off Bo’ness to stump up  the benefits would tremendous over a few years 

It is not a 100 club.  The United Club would be delighted if there was 100 and if that was the case and everyone set up a monthly S/O  that alone would generate £12k per annum. We also need other ways of generating money. The ball is in the court of the current committee.

I actually suggested a DD system years ago to Sansom before the 100 club started and he said the treasure chest generated enough for them, it felt like they only wanted to deal in cash but they have stepped out the juniors now and into the pyramid system and there will be a lot more eyes on the running of the club from higher authorities now. Will they have to publish the gates every week? There have been various games during the season where I have been given a 'bingo ticket' at the gate and some games where I haven't got one - any reasons why they give them out to some and not others? Hopefully when NPA gets full control of the park they can install turnstiles or something so it can be properly monitored on how many people have came in and out.

DC was doing great work trying to knit the two organisations together, but it's been said above - that's dead in the water again.

The old story is if you want to be involved, join the committee. How many people have went into the committee over the years with ideas and suggestions and they have left because nothing changes. I'm still trying to work out the club constitution from companies house website that states board members can't be active board members for more than 3 years although some have been there since the limited company was setup, surely they should know the constitution of their own company.

What happens this season with new a governing body and the sale of alcohol and licenses, tv licenses, music licenses, food licenses........ have they registered for all these already to cover their backs? Do they have to apply for 4 separate licenses for drink sales as it's 4 different points of sale (hospitality, 100 club, other hut and the committee hut).

Not sure what will happen with hospitality / 100 club / other huts etc when NPA takes full control of the park - will each of them have to pay a cut to NPA as its within their ground or does the money go through BU / individuals?

Hopefully they will seek advice on these issues as we don't really know the regulations of the EOS league.

Edited by oneunited

15 hours ago, oneunited said:

That's one of the main problems at the club, they should be generating way more cash than they are. I remember from the AGM last year the price that Express Taxis was paying for shirt sponsorship, all the boards in and around the park and it was only about 3k a year if I remember correctly (I may be wrong, i'll dig out the balance sheet from last year to check). The amount of publicity Express get out of Bo'ness and they pay buttons for it, this deal should be in to 5 figures - it looks like the old president struck a pretty shoddy deal. Considering he asked an ex-Bo'ness business for a minimum of 10k for shirt sponsorship only (around 2010/11).

The other problem is the shirts, they aren't shifting anywhere near the volume they were selling when it was Nike. I'm still waiting on an answer from the AGM last year when I asked about the shirt deal with Colin Campbell that the old president struck up, no one seemed to know what the deal was.

As for the park, if it means getting the astro down and saving 50k - surely we could hire Grangemouth stadium until the astro was fitted. It's only 5 minutes up the road.

Now with RJM based in Grangemouth. 

Current Stadium  costs for the Football Arena are £150. So currently we have 17 home matches. 12 league, 2 league cup and 3 other cup ties which would equal a spend of £2.5k. So not an insurmountable cost in the scheme of things. There would be a loss of revenue from the Pie Hut and possibly from other areas. 

Full Stadium cost is £600.

24 minutes ago, oneunited said:

I actually suggested a DD system years ago to Sansom before the 100 club started and he said the treasure chest generated enough for them, it felt like they only wanted to deal in cash but they have stepped out the juniors now and into the pyramid system and there will be a lot more eyes on the running of the club from higher authorities now. Will they have to publish the gates every week? There have been various games during the season where I have been given a 'bingo ticket' at the gate and some games where I haven't got one - any reasons why they give them out to some and not others? Hopefully when NPA gets full control of the park they can install turnstiles or something so it can be properly monitored on how many people have came in and out.

DC was doing great work trying to knit the two organisations together, but it's been said above - that's dead in the water again.

The old story is if you want to be involved, join the committee. How many people have went into the committee over the years with ideas and suggestions and they have left because nothing changes. I'm still trying to work out the club constitution from companies house website that states board members can't be active board members for more than 3 years although some have been there since the limited company was setup, surely they should know the constitution of their own company.

What happens this season with new a governing body and the sale of alcohol and licenses, tv licenses, music licenses, food licenses........ have they registered for all these already to cover their backs? Do they have to apply for 4 separate licenses for drink sales as it's 4 different points of sale (hospitality, 100 club, other hut and the committee hut).

Not sure what will happen with hospitality / 100 club / other huts etc when NPA takes full control of the park - will each of them have to pay a cut to NPA as its within their ground or does the money go through BU / individuals?

Hopefully they will seek advice on these issues as we don't really know the regulations of the EOS league.

Wow!!!!!!!!! I bet you feel a lot better getting that of your chest.:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Now with RJM based in Grangemouth. 

Current Stadium  costs for the Football Arena are £150. So currently we have 17 home matches. 12 league, 2 league cup and 3 other cup ties which would equal a spend of £2.5k. So not an insurmountable cost in the scheme of things. There would be a loss of revenue from the Pie Hut and possibly from other areas. 

Full Stadium cost is £600.

Is that £150 for the hire at Newtown? and £600 for the hire at Grangemouth stadium?

I can't see the Pie Hut revenue being any loss as i'm sure the balance sheet from last years  agm stated the pie hut only made £650 profit for a full season. I haven't seen the balance sheet for the season just past so I don't know what the profit there was.

1 hour ago, oneunited said:

Is that £150 for the hire at Newtown? and £600 for the hire at Grangemouth stadium?

I can't see the Pie Hut revenue being any loss as i'm sure the balance sheet from last years  agm stated the pie hut only made £650 profit for a full season. I haven't seen the balance sheet for the season just past so I don't know what the profit there was.

No. That is the hire for the Football Arena at Grangemouth Stadium. The £600 is the cost for the Stadium for a day.

3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

No. That is the hire for the Football Arena at Grangemouth Stadium. The £600 is the cost for the Stadium for a day.

3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

4 minutes ago, boheesian said:

That’s what bu pay when move out for Astro cause will be a delay that’s for sure 

9 hours ago, boheesian said:

Newtown Park.  

Where is the mine shaft,terracing or pitch ? Was getting told that back in sixties/seventies.a hole appeared behind the school end goal,that a double decker bus could have went in.( confirm RD):thumsup2