Bo'ness United 2018/19

First friendly ?? Guessing it will be the 14th as we have a trip to Auchinleck on the 21st and our first competitive game in the qualifying league cup section v Jeanfield Swifts is on the 28th. Hopefully next week we will hear more about fixtures and some new players.

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

If the Coal Authority has been contacted by the NPA to sort the mine shaft problem you can't imagine a quick fix happening.

It's my understanding that a permit from the coal board/authority is required to check whatever is required to repair the mine shaft/entry before equipment can be used to scrape of the top surface. The time frame given was around two weeks. There's been a deafening silence since. 

It's now July and the initial start date was 14th May. Finish date - guess work -  approximately mid September. Someone may know differently but rumour and speculation ain't giving the full picture to the supporters.

AGM this week so perhaps a full explanation can be forthcoming.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

It's my understanding that a permit from the coal board/authority is required to check whatever is required to repair the mine shaft/entry before equipment can be used to scrape of the top surface. The time frame given was around two weeks. There's been a deafening silence since. 

It's now July and the initial start date was 14th May. Finish date - guess work -  approximately mid September. Someone may know differently but rumour and speculation ain't giving the full picture to the supporters.

I was talking to a hibs supporter from boness on saturday.he was saying there is more than one shaft entrance under or very near the park.that needs to be explored.

On the Unofficial BU website in mid June it said Kegs wanted an 18 man squad and listed 8 players who had signed on for next season if you add subsequent add ons we only have 12 players signed up just now :-
Goalie: Murphy
Defenders: Campbell Hunter
Midfielders: Gemmell Gray Morgan Watt Donnelly
Forwards: Keast Wright Prentice McKenzie.

No mention of Devon Jacobs, Callum Scott, Andy Shirra, Will Snowdon etc, etc. Are these players staying or going.

I will be gutted if Dev and Callum have left. Couldn't think of worse news............unless we brought back Ryan Hogan [emoji20]

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

On the Unofficial BU website in mid June it said Kegs wanted an 18 man squad and listed 8 players who had signed on for next season if you add subsequent add ons we only have 12 players signed up just now :-
Goalie: Murphy
Defenders: Campbell Hunter
Midfielders: Gemmell Gray Morgan Watt Donnelly
Forwards: Keast Wright Prentice McKenzie.

No mention of Devon Jacobs, Callum Scott, Andy Shirra, Will Snowdon etc, etc. Are these players staying or going.

I will be gutted if Dev and Callum have left. Couldn't think of worse news............unless we brought back Ryan Hogan [emoji20]

BU twitter stated last week that Will has signed on for next season.

Think Dev & Callum are also signed but not 100% sure.

Whichever way you look at it, we're light at the back.  Definitely need more competition there, especially in the centre of the defence.

A lot of players' contracts are up at the end of June, so I'm anticipating some movement in the market soon.