Bo'ness United 2018/19

I may be old fashioned but I have to say I am going to miss  the Juniors.

Having looked at the fixtures for next   season I see nothing to excite me. I have read the financial benefits that are available in this so called higher grade,but is money everything?

I know that the following season and thereafter, if promoted the fixtures will improve but without the Scottish Junior Cup and the hope that, this could be our season to win it again, it is going to be a pretty poor affair

For this I blame the SJFA. who have never tried to improve .the junior scene, but have just sat back and said, this is the way it has aye been. The result of that is that clubs like ourselves and Linlithgow have been   forced to move away.

The Holy Grail of this level is to progress into the fourth division of the senior league, but is this what Bo'ness United needs? I don't think so. When you consider that the entrance fee would increase to £10 or £12 just watch the gates dwindle further than they are at the moment. Give me the Juniors any day.

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic but it's how I see it.

14 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Having looked at the fixtures for next   season I see nothing to excite me. I have read the financial benefits that are available in this so called higher grade,but is money everything?

I know that the following season and thereafter, if promoted the fixtures will improve but without the Scottish Junior Cup and the hope that, this could be our season to win it again, it is going to be a pretty poor affair

For this I blame the SJFA. who have never tried to improve .the junior scene, but have just sat back and said, this is the way it has aye been. The result of that is that clubs like ourselves and Linlithgow have been   forced to move away.

The Holy Grail of this level is to progress into the fourth division of the senior league, but is this what Bo'ness United needs? I don't think so. When you consider that the entrance fee would increase to £10 or £12 just watch the gates dwindle further than they are at the moment. Give me the Juniors any day.

Who says it' to go into 4th league. Most teams be happy with lowland league. EOS premier be great for neXT 10 yrs at least. Dunno how u can say league doesn't excite you have kept bonnyrigg and sauchie from super league gained Dunipace who are going to be much improved due to players they'e signed by being eos team and Lothian thistle Hutchison Vale and Tynecastle are better than no disrespect forfar and kennoway. Your opinion but it' wrong anyone that thinks staying junior for any South of Tay super league club should go and get head looked at

Think most folk probably feel this way to be honest. Nobody really wanted the Juniors to die on its arse and most probably hoped the beaks would have found a way for the Juniors to have slotted into the pyramid, but unfortunately it wasn’t to be.

When you see what's happened in the East now - be very glad you are away.

Team relegated only to end up with two promotions.

League winners not promoted.

The East juniors is now a shambles filled with pub teams with no ambitions.

I do feel sorry for the better Tayside teams who have been left with nothing

3 hours ago, Standalone said:

Bo'ness were one of the last clubs to vote to move to the EoS - if you had stayed you would be playing a depleted Superleague anyway. It'll be a transitional season - unless you do badly then you'll be back playing the same ex-Junior clubs again next season.

This season you will be playing 3 other ex-Superleague teams, LTHV who almost beat Kelty, Haddington who might have been promoted had things remained the same, plus you'll get to visit some new grounds. Also Jeanfield in the qualifying league cup and Lowland League team East Kilbride in the South Challenge Cup.

Attendances from teams who have moved up to the 4 tier have actually increased despite those prices, and as a club you get to decide what to charge. Anyway, that would be a few years away given you don't yet have a licence and other teams who do have a better squad.

As has been said many times, don't just look at next season, look at how things will pan out in 5-10 years time.

With West clubs on board the LL will be a very strong league, and in the East the EOS "Premier" will probably be better than last seasons Superleague.  The South Challenge Cup will effectively assume the mantle of the Junior Cup, minus the North teams.

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I seen on Twitter that Gibby has decided to call it a day citing work commitments.

Aw the best to the big fella.

Well he said he would still be there after AMcG had gone, so he managed it for a wee while.

Now it's only Snowdon left that nobody can understand. ;)

The most unpredictable player I've seen at Newtown in many a season. 
He is that...I thought he was the Bu's best player in the last game against Sauchie. I think if he believed in himself a bit more he would be playing at a higher level.