Bo'ness United 2018/19

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

Hello BUs, need a wee hand...

I’m planning on coming through to the Jeanfield game on the 28th of July. Seems like I’ll have over an hour to kill afterwards - is there a social club or recommended boozer to head to afterwards?

That's a social club outside the ground,chemical workers club,or Fisons to the locals,and there's Richmond park hotel about z 2minute walk away

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

I’m planning on coming through to the Jeanfield game on the 28th of July. Seems like I’ll have over an hour to kill afterwards - is there a social club or recommended boozer to head to afterwards?

If ur P &B name is an indication of ur music taste,then u have great taste:thumsup2:unsure2:

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Walk to Linlithgow, the pubs are better ;)

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Still very concerned at the pitch situation.  I have heard club want it delayed to next season but that of course comes at a cost that I'm not sure the NPA can cover.

I have heard this too 

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Still very concerned at the pitch situation.  I have heard club want it delayed to next season but that of course comes at a cost that I'm not sure the NPA can cover.

Probably a silly question.but is this concerning the weight of needed machinery to dig up grass pitch.

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Probably a silly question.but is this concerning the weight of needed machinery to dig up grass pitch.

Partly true. They have found an old mine entrance/shaft which was filled in - with what they are not sure - around the late 19th century. So it requires a permit from the coal board to determine exactly what the issue is, this apparently takes a couple of weeks to get.

Heavy equipment would be used to scrape the surface in preparation for laying the new surface so Health and Safety is a priority.

3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Partly true. They have found an old mine entrance/shaft which was filled in - with what they are not sure - around the late 19th century. So it requires a permit from the coal board to determine exactly what the issue is, this apparently takes a couple of weeks to get.

Heavy equipment would be used to scrape the surface in preparation for laying the new surface so Health and Safety is a priority.

So is the shaft entrance located on the actual pitch.seems a bit of an overreaction.considering the mine probably heads in the shore direction ? Gone are the days of,get on with it.h&s :(

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

So is the shaft entrance located on the actual pitch.seems a bit of an overreaction.considering the mine probably heads in the shore direction ? Gone are the days of,get on with it.h&s :(

Obviously  this will take time even if permit in place  has bu got plans in place  in case a delay to work on park  ie pre season, start of season or the brothers Grimm wanting NPA  to do this work for them 

51 minutes ago, Bublue said:

Obviously  this will take time even if permit in place  has bu got plans in place  in case a delay to work on park  ie pre season, start of season or the brothers Grimm wanting NPA  to do this work for them 

I would imagine once the problem has been rectified and the delay is factored in then work might not start to next season. Remember it was to start mid May and we are now a month from that date and nothing has started.

Why the bitterness at the finish of your post? Can you not try and work things out yourself.

The NPA will inform the Club when it has a clearer picture and then United will come up with a solution. There's no magic wand to this problem.

Sure the same was found at Broxburn hence why the pitch ended up so far away from the stand

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It' on boness site as Joshua watt former Clydebank player and Chris donned ly signed new deal

Only found a Joshua Watt - a winger - whose last Club was Queens Park and played with Cumnock maybe there is another player with the same name.:rolleyes: 

Hope Chris is over his injury as he was sorely missed when the going got tough.

Edited by boheesian

19 hours ago, boheesian said:

Only found a Joshua Watt - a winger - whose last Club was Queens Park and played with Cumnock maybe there is another player with the same name.:rolleyes: 

Hope Chris is over his injury as he was sorely missed when the going got tough.

It's the same player.  Clydebank signed him from Queen's Park at the start of last season.  He scored in the 'bankies League Cup final win