Bo'ness United 2018/19

17 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

Am i missing something, so their is 3 EOS divisions now and the league above is the LL ? 

How can 12-15 teams go up.

This season only 3 conferences and the winners play off to see who is promoted. The top 4 or 5 in each conference will be promoted to the new EOS Premier for 2019/20 - simples.

14 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

This season only 3 conferences and the winners play off to see who is promoted. The top 4 or 5 in each conference will be promoted to the new EOS Premier for 2019/20 - simples.

Thanks for that, and the winner of the south is the other team.

24 minutes ago, seenitall said:

So what are the dates and venues for league cup games , see Linlithgow have theirs on .

28/7,Oakley away,I assume it will be Leith on 1/8,then Jeanfield on 4/8,both home

5 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It will all depend on relegation but at least top 4 from each will go up probably top 5

It will be top 5s almost certainly... possibly with space for a round-robin winner (or top 2) from among 6th place clubs. Only way you can get fewer than 15 would be if: Highland League champ went up to SPFL2; club south of the Tay came down; and SOSL champion was promoted. That latter needs them to be licensed and EOSL champion not to be, or SOSL to beat EOSL in play-off.

Would've been 16 this season.

2 hours ago, 4everblue said:

28/7,Oakley away,I assume it will be Leith on 1/8,then Jeanfield on 4/8,both home

Some clubs always seem to read their QL fixtures from left to right, then assume their games will be in that order. If you see Camelon's tweet it doesn't assign dates and it's all just in numerical order:

DfHeS2DXcAEFjBY.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

Not as good as Conference A but better than Conference C from a days oot perspective.   Wouldn't have minded another Borders trip, St Andrews, Mussy or Dunbar...  For anyone who was concerned about travel,  only Eyemouth is over an hour away (and not any worse than Tayside).

From the (arguably!) more important football perspective, it's certainly the toughest section.  Realistically, with, at least, the two Roses better placed on and off the park to make immediate progression, this season is about making sure we're in the EoS top division in 2019-20.  Expect tough competition from Bonnyrigg, LTHV, Dundonald, Sauchie, Haddington and Tranent to get into that top 4/5. 

Going to be interesting though, and the EK cup test is particularly intriguing.  Saw them at Whitehill towards the end of the season and they look pretty handy.

To say we missed Calum Scott in the last 3 games would be an understatement. You need midfielders who can drive forward and attack the space which puts defences under pressure. Let's hope we see the return of a fit Dougie Donnelly as he would be a huge boost to our chances of having a successful season.

Sent from my XT1039 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

12 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

To say we missed Calum Scott in the last 3 games would be an understatement. You need midfielders who can drive forward and attack the space which puts defences under pressure. Let's hope we see the return of a fit Dougie Donnelly as he would be a huge boost to our chances of having a successful season.

Sent from my XT1039 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

A lot of tough decisions for Kegs to make over the next few weeks regarding players.  Who to release?  Who deserves another shot?  Apart from those already confirmed, the choices are tough.  I would be looking to replace the following:

Ritchie - A realistic understudy is needed now to push Andy.  Scott has been great  his lack of action but we cannot afford passengers.

J Shirra - Sincerely hope his was just a stop-gap deal as just not up to scratch. 

Snowdon - Whilst his mouth has eased up lately, his ability to give away penalties hasn't.  Time to retire gracefully.

Nyang - Otherwise known as 'sicknote'.  Didn't get much of a chance but was still limping at end of season, showing no signs of recovery.

Gibb - Tough choice this, as I love his attitude but just not available often enough.  Again passengers not required.

Prentice - I love witching him when in full flight but not consistent enough, typical winger.  Does a lot of work tracking back but on balance should go.

Gray - Slightly controversial as his free-kick goal and dead ball prowess show but he has flattered to deceive.  Challenging Will for 'mouthpiece' award.

Millar - Seems strange to be wanting to get rid of one of your top scorers but just doesn't impress.  If we can't get a replacement, he would be squad only.

My opinion only, I am sure others will disagree.  Most importantly Kegs, sign a left-back.