Raith rovers ( friendly) & betfred cup home ties .

Just  some  info for Raith fans prior to yer visit to New Bayview  AS THE HOME TEAM    .  If you visit the reception area of the stadium , you will see the match ball from East Fife's  Scottish cup  victory .  If you ask nicely  our kind staff will allow you to have yer photo taken with the match ball .  Hope you take advantage of this unique opportunity .I hope you have a good time ?    many thanks  . TAZZ  :thumsup2 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just  some  info for Raith fans prior to yer visit to New Bayview  AS THE HOME TEAM    .  If you visit the reception area of the stadium , you will see the match ball from East Fife's  Scottish cup  victory .  If you ask nicely  our kind staff will allow you to have yer photo taken with the match ball .  Hope you take advantage of this unique opportunity .I hope you have a good time ?    many thanks  . TAZZ  :thumsup2 
To be fair it's not just the match ball that's been preserved. The entire village of Methil has been preserved too. It's almost as if the place hasn't progressed at all since. A bit like a Scottish Beamish, with every house furnished and decorated exactly as it was in the 1940s, and barely a car in sight.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I love history lessons what else do you cover Tazz? WW 1? Bannockburn?

I do wonder though how the club are so sure that the ball is original, After all we are talking about an artifact of almost 80 years of age. Given the average lifespan in your parts is about two dozen years short of the traditional 3 score years and ten, there can’t be many who are even 3rd let alone 2nd generation to Fife fans who saw that ball used in anger.

Oh dear.cringe-embarrassing-funny-humour-humor.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be fair it's not just the match ball that's been preserved. The entire village of Methil has been preserved too. It's almost as if the place hasn't progressed at all since. A bit like a Scottish Beamish, with every house furnished and decorated exactly as it was in the 1940s, and barely a car in sight.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Nah, there's some affordable housing been put up since.... But I think the whole of Methil could be classed as that. £20,000 for a detached hoose

After a week in the League 1 forum I can already tell the East Fife v Raith Rovers stuff will easily outcringe some of the St Mirren v Morton stuff from the Championship forum.bqdcgQF.thumb.jpg.209831d1969196c84481a9fd347316d3.jpg

Trust me when I say, the majority of it comes from the East Fife end. Raith fans don’t care about East Fife at all..

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

After a week in the League 1 forum I can already tell the East Fife v Raith Rovers stuff will easily outcringe some of the St Mirren v Morton stuff from the Championship forum.bqdcgQF.thumb.jpg.209831d1969196c84481a9fd347316d3.jpg

Wait until the first match thread comes round. Horrific stuff.

This definitely deserves it own thread - well done tazz1903.

IMG_3642.jpg

Trust me when I say, the majority of it comes from the East Fife end. Raith fans don’t care about East Fife at all..

IMG_3641.jpg

Archived