West Region summer transfer thread 2018

glensmad

Is he to replace Barbour?

Completely different type of player, but he will partner Forsyth up front going by Vics fb page. Barbour has actually signed on again, but a new job means he’ll be unavailable for the foreseeable

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear that former Glencairn and Larkhall Thistle goalkeeper Jonny Duncan is now at Thorniewood United, as is former Glencairn defender Davie Dunnachie, returning to his former club.

Another former Glencairn goalkeeper KP McAllister (with Maryhill 2nd half of last season) has signed for Gartcairn.

2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Delighted to get Liam signed - I feel he could be a very important player for The Bankies - any Pollok fans comment on his performances during his Newlandsfield days?

Sorry to see him go. Pre-injury we were worried about him stepping back up to the seniors. He's different class. After the injury he never got back in the team regularly but never let us down when called upon. A complete midfielder at this level. Will do the passing, tackling and will score you goals. 

Sorry to see him go. Pre-injury we were worried about him stepping back up to the seniors. He's different class. After the injury he never got back in the team regularly but never let us down when called upon. A complete midfielder at this level. Will do the passing, tackling and will score you goals. 

Thanks for the feedback mate - sounds very promising- I hope he can fill that holding midfielder role that has been a problem position for us the last couple of seasons

Thanks for the feedback mate - sounds very promising- I hope he can fill that holding midfielder role that has been a problem position for us the last couple of seasons

Very good player, maybe with a pre season behind him he can get back to the form he has pre injury.

As other have said he joined the MoD last year, so not sure his situation with training and availability every week, but if you can get him playing every week he is potentially the most consistent player of the 3 you have signed from us.

Great eye for popping up in the box for an important goal.

You will also gain a few fans as his family will no doubt watch him every week as they did when he was with us - really decent people to talk to at the game too.

obvs Clydebank a wee bit handler coming from Faslane training wise so may have been a factor. A lot of familiar faces too ... 

I make it

Nicky Little

Stevie Morrison

Del Hepburn

Stevie Higgins

Liam Rowan 

Any Pollok fans want to see a retro Lok will be most welcome :)

47 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

obvs Clydebank a wee bit handler coming from Faslane training wise so may have been a factor. A lot of familiar faces too ... 

I make it

Nicky Little

Stevie Morrison

Del Hepburn

Stevie Higgins

Liam Rowan 

Andy Patterson played a few games as a trialist as well. Only Rowan, Hepburn and Morrison really made an impact, but 3 guys I'd still like to have had playing for us.

On 24/07/2018 at 20:05, clash city rocker said:

Hope Buffs fans are not forgetting cash they spent on players under Allan McLuckie without investing any on the ground. Brought much success but ultimately led to money problems when McLuckie had his fill.

Chris Strain jnr is well liked by players many will sign to play for him for less cash than they could get elsewhere. Buffs seem to have brought in a good few experienced guys and a few young players , it's a balance with wage bills and they seem to be doing pretty well at it.

How much was it they offered Leishman and the Wilson's again? Lol 

4 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I make it

Nicky Little

Stevie Morrison

Del Hepburn

Stevie Higgins

Liam Rowan 

Big Jamie Darroch too.

Archived