• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
glensmad

West Region summer transfer thread 2018

Does Tony not see that a signing of that nature is dubious for all sorts of reasons?

6 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Disappointing as saw David play over the years against us for Glens,Rabs and Auxhinleck and he was a danger man but just felt we had signed a man whose time was done.Hope he is ok and can get on with the rest of life!

Very sad news about Gormley,(if true) played his best  football while at Talbot and i wont forget his volley against Hurlford,or his goal from the centre circle against Largs,pure class that not many  footballers would attempt,never mind pull off.He divided opinion,but in mine was the best to grace Beechwood since a certain Mr Mills,back in the day.I really wish David well,and hope he can continue and overcome any injury he may or may not have,players of his calibre are few and far between,and i wouldnt mind a fit and ready Gormley back at Auchinleck.

10 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Is it truly the case that Liam Rowan(who has always been a standout for us)has gone to a rival club in our league and we have signed Boyle who was involved in the incident which put him out of the game for months and who as I have said is a very very average defender with less to offer than Chris Walker or Ross McCabe both of whom were discarded.?Very concerned if that is what the management see.....

Shades of the incident back in 2006 when,after a horrendous tackle by Ayr United's Dougie Imrie,a young Ross McCabe left a promising Senior career and almost his life ( he 'died' twice ) on the turf of NDP.

Emotions,understandably,ran high for some time after the event so when Billy Reid signed Imrie for Accies a couple of seasons later,it was a move considered by some as, at best,ill-judged.

I never quite got ma napper round that signing.:huh:

Edited by tommyboy

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Shades of the incident back in 2006 when,after a horrendous tackle by Ayr United's Dougie Imrie,a young Ross McCabe left a promising Senior career and almost his life ( he 'died' twice ) on the turf of NDP.

Emotions,understandably,ran high for some time after the event so when Billy Reid signed Imrie for Accies a couple of seasons later,it was a move considered by some as, at best,ill-judged.

I never quite got ma napper round that signing.:huh:

Dougie Imrie never played for Ayr Utd,  not that it’s relevant to your point

however, I’m sure 99% of accies fans are delighted he signed for them and has given them brilliant service,

perhaps the same will happen for the big man at Pollok, time will tell.

50 minutes ago, dmkeenan85 said:

Dougie Imrie never played for Ayr Utd,  not that it’s relevant to your point

however, I’m sure 99% of accies fans are delighted he signed for them and has given them brilliant service,

perhaps the same will happen for the big man at Pollok, time will tell.

Yup,my mistake as he was of course with Clyde when the incident happened. Interesting though that you're sure of the percentage of Accies fans who were 'delighted' at his signing as I'm sure he's a guy who has always divided opinion amongst Accies fans.

I don't think there's any doubt that in his two terms at Accies Imrie has indeed given sterling service to the club,but,as I suggested earlier,his original signing ,following the incident mentioned ,was not one that was welcomed by everyone.

Edited by tommyboy

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Scott McLellan.

Scott joined the club towards the end of last season, making four appearances, and will now compete with Gary Whyte for the no.1 shirt.

Very sad news about Gormley,(if true) played his best  football while at Talbot and i wont forget his volley against Hurlford,or his goal from the centre circle against Largs

Best goal was the winner against Linlithgow to win Talbot their 10th Scottish Cup

Hurlford have signed Liam Caddis from Stirling Albion and re-signed Paul Byrne from Pollok.

Caddis a good signing not to sure bout Byrne imo

^^^ all about opinions mate. Byrno was a firm fans favourite in his first spell at Blair Park and was the Players' POTY when we won the junior cup in 2014. He always gives 100% and I for one am delighted to see him back.

^^^ all about opinions mate. Byrno was a firm fans favourite in his first spell at Blair Park and was the Players' POTY when we won the junior cup in 2014. He always gives 100% and I for one am delighted to see him back.

Did a good job with us too. Just unfortunate for him that Sideserf plays in same position and is our most consistent player.

Not sure if he was offered terms from us, I would have been happy to keep him but assume he would want to play regularly.

Sorry to see Byrne go, it's a shame neither him or Sideserf were right footed and our defence would have been sorted. 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Stefan mccluskey training with Stenhousemuir. Was he released from pollok?(

No he signed for next season. First I've heard that he wouldn't maybe be coming back. Maybe some agreement has been reached with stenny.

The boy never got a fair crack of the whip at Pollok

He never played much for hurlford either after they won the scottish

Byrne was decent but Sideserf is a better player.Would be very disappointed to lose McLuskey as he is a superb forward.

Pollok fans - Mitch MacDonald any good? Signed for us today (Stirling Albion)