West Region summer transfer thread 2018

glensmad

I always wondered how somebody could be so big an idiot, but when you consider that you come from a village where your ancestors built your football ground on the side of a mountain then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Considering it’s at the bottom of a valley u must not have been to bellsdale very often one of the best playing surfaces in the west region

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

I always wondered how somebody could be so big an idiot, but when you consider that you come from a village where your ancestors built your football ground on the side of a mountain then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

The trauma of Mr Esplin and co is still raw I see.

2 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Considering it’s at the bottom of a valley u must not have been to bellsdale very often one of the best playing surfaces in the west region

Been a hundred times to Bellsdale. It's got a bigger slope than Kennys forehead!

Is this still Gawn oan - let’s try and draw a line under it

Neither Blackie Gold or Geo are Tucker Sloan
Neither myself or Glensmad or others who have chipped in are Peter Leonard

Therefore, we cannot say 100% what perspective is true on this point

What I would say is we have 2 people from deepest Taliban country who are adamant that they were not interested in Esplin ( “they” being to illustrate their team and not them personally)

To counter that we have 2-3 others who are equally sure that the opposite is true and they are from various different camps

I’ll let those who are reading this ,make their own mind up on the probability of which story is correct, if either is correct

Bet ye he ends up at Pollok.

Would be shocked at that. Deas has been on the way down for a few years couldn’t imagine where he would fit in to our squad and a waste of wages.

I would expect him to turn up at a championship club where he might get a game, but doubt any premier clubs would be after him.

We have 19 signed players including 3 on youth contracts, I would not expect many more signings, 1 max 2, we have let players go who are better than Deas

45 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Would be shocked at that. Deas has been on the way down for a few years couldn’t imagine where he would fit in to our squad and a waste of wages.

I would expect him to turn up at a championship club where he might get a game, but doubt any premier clubs would be after him.

We have 19 signed players including 3 on youth contracts, I would not expect many more signings, 1 max 2, we have let players go who are better than Deas

Dear has flashes of brilliance, but can be a wee bit of a luxury player.  The times that I have seen him he needs to get involved more.

Dear has flashes of brilliance, but can be a wee bit of a luxury player.  The times that I have seen him he needs to get involved more.

From his performances for Clydebank Sam I think that’s a pretty accurate summary. Earlier last season he was honking ( and in good company to be fair to him ) but after Christmas he was much better and played his part in helping us avoid the relegation play offs.

My understanding was an offer was made to him - he rejected it - as is his right - and he has moved on

I’m sure Bankies will already be looking for someone to fill that void.

Watched him a few times beginning of season . Think his job stops him playing which isn’t his fault . Maybe get 6 games out him .
If he played regular he’d be definite premier league .
Hope he gets playing regular again and good luck to the lad .

Archived