West Region summer transfer thread 2018

glensmad

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Shades of the incident back in 2006 when,after a horrendous tackle by Ayr United's Dougie Imrie,a young Ross McCabe left a promising Senior career and almost his life ( he 'died' twice ) on the turf of NDP.

Emotions,understandably,ran high for some time after the event so when Billy Reid signed Imrie for Accies a couple of seasons later,it was a move considered by some as, at best,ill-judged.

I never quite got ma napper round that signing.:huh:

Dougie Imrie never played for Ayr Utd,  not that it’s relevant to your point

however, I’m sure 99% of accies fans are delighted he signed for them and has given them brilliant service,

perhaps the same will happen for the big man at Pollok, time will tell.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, dmkeenan85 said:

Dougie Imrie never played for Ayr Utd,  not that it’s relevant to your point

however, I’m sure 99% of accies fans are delighted he signed for them and has given them brilliant service,

perhaps the same will happen for the big man at Pollok, time will tell.

Yup,my mistake as he was of course with Clyde when the incident happened. Interesting though that you're sure of the percentage of Accies fans who were 'delighted' at his signing as I'm sure he's a guy who has always divided opinion amongst Accies fans.

I don't think there's any doubt that in his two terms at Accies Imrie has indeed given sterling service to the club,but,as I suggested earlier,his original signing ,following the incident mentioned ,was not one that was welcomed by everyone.

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Scott McLellan.

Scott joined the club towards the end of last season, making four appearances, and will now compete with Gary Whyte for the no.1 shirt.

Very sad news about Gormley,(if true) played his best  football while at Talbot and i wont forget his volley against Hurlford,or his goal from the centre circle against Largs

Best goal was the winner against Linlithgow to win Talbot their 10th Scottish Cup

^^^ all about opinions mate. Byrno was a firm fans favourite in his first spell at Blair Park and was the Players' POTY when we won the junior cup in 2014. He always gives 100% and I for one am delighted to see him back.

Did a good job with us too. Just unfortunate for him that Sideserf plays in same position and is our most consistent player.

Not sure if he was offered terms from us, I would have been happy to keep him but assume he would want to play regularly.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Stefan mccluskey training with Stenhousemuir. Was he released from pollok?(

No he signed for next season. First I've heard that he wouldn't maybe be coming back. Maybe some agreement has been reached with stenny.

Archived