glensmad

4 hours ago, classof2010 said:

After the 3 new signings beith have 5 players leaving
Stephen grindley
Mark McLaughlin
Kenny McLean
Tommy Martin and
Jamie Cunninghame
Thanks for everything a few winners medals in that bunch some big shirts to fill there

Tommy Martin back to Clydebank I'm hearing

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm two further new additions to the squad for season 2018-19 :-

Del Esplin (midfielder) (27 years old)

The club are delighted to welcome Del home to The Celsius Stadium after three seasons at Cumnock Juniors. Having previously spent three seasons in Glencairn's Under 21 side, during which he captained the team to a trophy Treble in season 2012-13, Del stepped up to Glencairn's first team squad where he immediately established himself as an automatic starter in the centre of midfield. Del spent two years with the first team at Glencairn and made 59 starting appearances, with 3 substitute appearances also, scoring 8 goals.

Del lives in Cambuslang and was keen to move to a club closer to home for the new season. Having originally signed for Glenafton Athletic for the new season, Del recently had a change of heart, and he commented, "I'm really grateful to the people at Glenafton for being so understanding and co-operative. I need to be playing closer to home at the moment, and Glencairn is where my u21 and junior career started, so I obviously have an affection for the club. I'm just delighted the two clubs were able to sort it out very quickly and amicably."

Del also rejected the approaches of five other Premiership sides and one from the East of Scotland senior league for his services, including sides close to his home, preferring instead to return to Glencairn to play in the new West Region Championship.

Kris Gebbie (defender) (24 years old)

Having been captain at Cambuslang Rangers for the first half of season 2017-18, Kris beomes the third player to join Glencairn from Somervell Park this summer, following the arrival of midfielders Dale Simeon and Harry Mitchell. Kris is a right back or central defender who can also play in midfield.

Kris was part of the Cambuslang squad who won the Central District League championship in season 2016-17, followed by promotion to the top league at the end of 2017-18. However, Kris has also chosen to make the move along the road to Rutherglen to play in the new West Region Championship for season 2018-19.

Prior to Cambuslang Rangers, Kris spent two seasons in the Lowland League with East Kilbride FC and BSC Glasgow, having previously spent five years in the youth system at Queen's Park.

Del Esplin.jpg

Kris Gebbie.jpg

Del esplin had a change of heart.
Where is all the del esplin money chaser shouts noo.. the boy wanted to play football near home. Nothing wrong with that.

Credit to Del

Credit to Del? Give me a break [emoji23]
Obviously a lad that wears his heart on a club sleeve one week, and another club sleeve the next. Go get them Del, you honest man ????

Ps. No mention of money here [emoji6]

As for playing nearer home ? You telling me he only realised that after putting pen to paper with Afton [emoji23] a few days ago. [emoji23] that’s a classic ????

Credit to Del? Give me a break [emoji23]
Obviously a lad that wears his heart on a club sleeve one week, and another club sleeve the next. Go get them Del, you honest man ????

Ps. No mention of money here [emoji6]

As for playing nearer home ? You telling me he only realised that after putting pen to paper with Afton [emoji23] a few days ago. [emoji23] that’s a classic ????
Regardless of what has happened, great credit goes to Glenafton for the way in which they have handled this. They could have been awkward about it, but they weren't, and Glencairn as a club and Del as an individual is grateful for their understanding and co-operation. Del was very keen for that to be emphasised when we announced his signing tonight.

Regardless of what has happened, great credit goes to Glenafton for the way in which they have handled this. They could have been awkward about it, but they weren't, and Glencairn as a club and Del as an individual is grateful for their understanding and co-operation. Del was very keen for that to be emphasised when we announced his signing tonight.

There’s absolutely no point in keeping a player on the payroll that has his heart somewhere else, but I struggle to understand why Del signed for Afton in the first place. He must have known it wasn’t the right move for him, yet he did.

But fair play to all for getting this sorted before the season gets underway. Wishing him well at Glencairn.

13 hours ago, Glens lad said:

There’s absolutely no point in keeping a player on the payroll that has his heart somewhere else, but I struggle to understand why Del signed for Afton in the first place. He must have known it wasn’t the right move for him, yet he did.

But fair play to all for getting this sorted before the season gets underway. Wishing him well at Glencairn.

£££££

Archived