West Region summer transfer thread 2018

glensmad

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, glensmad said:

I see Cambuslang Rangers have set the ball rolling by confirming on their official club Twitter that they have signed Scott Davidson from Kilsyth Rangers.

So who are you signing from us this season? P.S E.G.M went well last night, so no story there for you!

11 minutes ago, lang said:

So who are you signing from us this season? P.S E.G.M went well last night, so no story there for you!

We're not signing anybody from you this season.

I forgot all about your EGM last night, that's how important it was to me.

12 minutes ago, lang said:

Are Cambuslang making many additions? Seem to have a solid core of a team. Big lad at the back who has filled in for Smith has came onto some game, he wins everything in the air and does basics very well.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Not quite true, you can sign free agents or amateurs who haven't played junior this season.

But if a player has been registered with another junior team this season, he cannot be registered with a club between now and the 3rd Sunday in July.

Are signing and registering two different things ? 

3 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Been asked no to & I like to protect my sources but can say an experienced defender to their rivals & an experienced midfielder to his former club. How’s that?

Hahahahahah!

2 hours ago, redstarbenhar said:

Are signing and registering two different things ? 

Yes.

A player can sign a contract with whoever and whenever he wants, but if another club holds his registration the new club cannot register him to play until that contract expires.

5 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Been asked no to & I like to protect my sources but can say an experienced defender to their rivals & an experienced midfielder to his former club. How’s that?

Pettigrew to ........... champs???

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

We're not signing anybody from you this season.

I forgot all about your EGM last night, that's how important it was to me.

Good but why were you messaging Jim and i about what was happening if it's not important to you?

Sounds like Liam Mc G is going home, word on the street is that Beith have taken steps to strengthen the rearguard with some players moving away for work reasons. Pollok have lined up a few signings and there will be one surprise departure to a rival from their ranks.

Good but why were you messaging Jim and i about what was happening if it's not important to you?
Jim volunteered the info to me, I didn't ask him and knew nothing about it till Jim decided to tell me. I only asked you out of interest for your view but you weren't for giving it, which I accepted and left it at that. I genuinely still don't know what the result of the meeting was, and I care even less. Back to the topic...

4 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Only rumour I've heard is Squib McKenzie to the Buffs, with the emphasis on rumour emoji41.pngemoji41.png

Well at least your rumour is not cryptic, can't stand all the ITK pish but a cannae tell yea...

The following is a list of the players who have so far re-signed for Glencairn for next season :-
Rhys Donaldson, Craig McGregor, Alex Grier, Tony Fraser, Jordan Leyden, Sean McGuire, Jay McKay, Gary Smith.
Discussions are currently taking place with other players in the current squad.

Heard Ruglin only in talks with another 47 players. Word on street is they are looking to reduce their squad to around 50

Archived