Scotland v USA (at life)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

They sell themselves as the land of the free and the home of the brave. They're neither.

As someone said, it's a good place to visit but I've never had any wish to live there. And don't get me started on that ridiculous tipping-everyone culture they have.

The tipping thing is scandalous. The best is when they point at the wee screen on the till which displays a touchscreen with options of what percentage tip you want to add! 

I wish I had been brave enough to do the "faint to get yourself out of it" trick.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

They sell themselves as the land of the free and the home of the brave. They're neither.

As someone said, it's a good place to visit but I've never had any wish to live there. And don't get me started on that ridiculous tipping-everyone culture they have.

I have a tip-c***s-who-deserve-to-be-tipped culture. I don't think I'd integrate very well into American society.

This seems like a stupid thread. The US is basically the size of Europe and, in any event, most of the people commenting will have f**k all to base their opinions on - whether they're pro-US (banana) or anti (everyone else). 

Scotland is a relatively backwards, small-minded, samey place. The traditional mentality in 'Murca makes it a far more desirable place to live, with a more varied environment and climate to boot.

How is Scotland backwards in comparison to America exactly?

19 minutes ago, The OP said:

This seems like a stupid thread. The US is basically the size of Europe and, in any event, most of the people commenting will have f**k all to base their opinions on - whether they're pro-US (banana) or anti (everyone else). 

You mean we now need to have something to base our options on?

This could be the end of P&B!

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You mean we now need to have something to base our options on?

This could be the end of P&B!

Don't worry, I can't see it catching on. Linking some survey to your rant will continue to be the lifeblood of the P & B pedant brotherhood.

10 hours ago, banana said:

I've traveled there a fair bit and lived there for several months at a time.

47 minutes ago, The OP said:

most of the people commenting will have f**k all to base their opinions on - whether they're pro-US (banana) or anti (everyone else). 

UnknownRecentComet-max-1mb.gif

21 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The USA has a viable nuclear deterrent. I'm in...

The US produces over 70 new nuclear warheads everyday, to add to their extensive collection that can already blast away the earths surface about 50 times over. It's certainly a reliable system for bringing the end of the world, if that's your sort of thing.

Hip Hop v Bagpipes
Lili Simmons v SuBo
Deontay Wilder v Grado
Sesame Street v Glen Michael's Cavelcade
Independent since 1783 v Content with subjugation

I love Scotland but we're very conservative, timid and stuck in the past. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I love Scotland but we're very conservative, timid and stuck in the past.

You do realize you've left yourself wide open here for a series of Texas/Guns/Republican jokes?

Archived