Ladbrokes Championship 2018/19 Fantasy Football game

Would you play a free to enter fantasy football game revolving around the 2018/19 Ladbrokes Championship campaign?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good evening all, 

A few seasons ago I ran a relatively successful Fantasy Football competition for the Premiership. I am looking into the possibility of running one for the forthcoming Championship season, a division that is sure to be fiercely competitive throughout the entire season. 

The game would be free to all and played on a still to be finalised platform. In essence it will work in the same way as previous competitions that used the Fantastar website - think similar to the popular EPL Barclay's game but a bit more basic. You would pick your 11 players, subject to rules limiting players per team and they would score points on a matchday. Over the course of the season you can make transfers to move on the duds and bring in the on-fire gems.

The purpose of this thread is to establish if there would be much interest for people to play the game. 

With a lack of reliable media outlets reporting on Championship games I'd be looking for a little assistance from a supporter of each club should the game go ahead. All I'd require is a bit of help with bookings and assists to allow the data to be inputted accurately and make sure points tallies are correct. To be clear, I don't need help with inputting it - just with the player identification from someone at the match, although I imagine most clubs social media accounts are now very accurate with this information. 

There is no guarantee that the game will go ahead. I'm currently looking at two platforms to host it, sadly it seems the Fantastar grassroots element has bit the dust, but at the moment I am just looking to guage interest over people who want to play. Hopefully the poll has worked above and will allow an accurate interest to be determined. 

Cheers, 

SLJ

UPDATE: 

This is 99% going ahead. I'm just waiting to get access to the platform and we should be all set. 

At the moment, I don't really know what is available to tinker with but it'll be held on it's own web address, should be fully smart tech enabled. 

Gameweeks will run from midday on Saturday to midday on Saturday - so midweek fixtures and Friday night games will be in the same week as the previous Saturday. You will be able to make transfers at any point during the week but they don't take effect until 12:01 on a Saturday(is my understanding of it)

You'll have a budget to purchase your squad. You'll get £55m(stop laughing at the back :lol:) to spend on your squad. Values will be decided by myself and one other, non P and B using, person. I believe, but not had confirmed, that values will fluctuate throughout the season. I fully anticipate lots of hidden gems being in the game this year so if you find one and share it with the world you only have yourself to blame for everyone else getting those points too! 

Team captains - you can pick a team captain each week who will earn double points. For one week only triple points will be available for your captain - you can choose to play it when ever you want. 

Transfers - You can make 1 transfer for free each week. Any subsequent transfers(I think) will incur a points penalty which is to be finalised. 

Mini leagues - not sure on the status of mini leagues. Points tallies get updated when I do them so the only delay is me getting home to get round to it. 

All going well sign ups will begin, in a new thread, on Saturday 21st July to give two weeks for you to f**k around  finally tune your line up. It might go earlier if everything is ready so keep 'em peeled.

Happy to take any questions but having not seen the platform yet, I'm not sure how much help I'll be! 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to vote on the poll - it definitely seems like there would be demand for a game like this. 

I think I've found a platform that will be able to host it for us. I just need to check out a few things and we will be good to go. 

I will confirm by Saturday 30th June at the latest if this is a goer or if it has fallen at the final hurdle. 

Should the game go ahead then it would be launched on the weekend of 21st/22nd July to allow two weeks for team selection and ironing out the kinks in squads.

A wee update on this. 

This is 99% going ahead. I'm just waiting to get access to the platform and we should be all set. 

At the moment, I don't really know what is available to tinker with but it'll be held on it's own web address, should be fully smart tech enabled. 

Gameweeks will run from midday on Saturday to midday on Saturday - so midweek fixtures and Friday night games will be in the same week as the previous Saturday. You will be able to make transfers at any point during the week but they don't take effect until 12:01 on a Saturday(is my understanding of it)

You'll have a budget to purchase your squad. You'll get £55m(stop laughing at the back :lol:) to spend on your squad. Values will be decided by myself and one other, non P and B using, person. I believe, but not had confirmed, that values will fluctuate throughout the season. I fully anticipate lots of hidden gems being in the game this year so if you find one and share it with the world you only have yourself to blame for everyone else getting those points too! 

Team captains - you can pick a team captain each week who will earn double points. For one week only triple points will be available for your captain - you can choose to play it when ever you want. 

Transfers - You can make 1 transfer for free each week. Any subsequent transfers(I think) will incur a points penalty which is to be finalised. 

Mini leagues - not sure on the status of mini leagues. Points tallies get updated when I do them so the only delay is me getting home to get round to it. 

All going well sign ups will begin, in a new thread, on Saturday 21st July to give two weeks for you to f**k around  finally tune your line up. It might go earlier if everything is ready so keep 'em peeled.

Happy to take any questions but having not seen the platform yet, I'm not sure how much help I'll be! 

Another update on this. Been in touch with the company who are hosting the game for us. The platform might not be ready for 21st July(although they are confident it will be) but I have been assured it'll be ready for 28th July so you might have to wait another week for sign ups. 

I've not got any further information on features yet so it'll be a surprise to us all when I get access.

I definatly would be interested with this however I'd be unable to provide stats from attending a game as I can't get to games often, however I could watch the twitter feeds of a few competing clubs for stats. This would help regarding the assists aspect.

The SPFL website has a squad tab in their match reports, that also shows the list of players, and subs. whether or not they were subbed and what cards they got.  And being the SPFL officially, that would certainly help with those "dubious" goals, what they put is what it is. 

Just a few suggestions for you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived