West of Scotland Cup

Seaside Sam

Still no dates for the other semi final and final. I aim they'll be next Tuesday and Friday respectively.

Don't understand why our tie at Cambuslang isn't tomorrow which would allow both semifinals to be played on Saturday with a final next Wednesday.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Still no dates for the other semi final and final. I aim they'll be next Tuesday and Friday respectively.

Don't understand why our tie at Cambuslang isn't tomorrow which would allow both semifinals to be played on Saturday with a final next Wednesday.

Mate ur no getting this we can’t play Saturday 

who do u diddies get in the west semi ? 
Lol ,it"l not matter to u if u can"t play it ?
So u'l b the diddies if u cant fulfill your fixture ? The Darvel Bellend returns with some more comedy gold !
[emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

1 minute ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Lol ,it"l not matter to u if u can"t play it ?
So u'l b the diddies if u cant fulfill your fixture ? The Darvel Bellend returns with some more comedy gold !
emoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.png

Be a shame if we go on and win this u and the haters would be very quiet all summer 

There have already been two instances where teams have had to forfeit a cup tie this season due to non availability of players.  

If this had happened 3 months ago there would not have been a problem postponing the tie, however, we have ten days of the season left.  And if Beith do get through on Wednesday night they could possibly have a further 4 games to play in 6 days.  

I should also also point out that this is a semi final in the second biggest cup competition which could possibly draw a big crowd on a Saturday but would not be as appealing on a Monday night say.  So it could cost Beith a bit of lost revenue.  The fixture is still showing on the SJFA website so I’m sure Beith/Cumnock already have preparations under way to host the game on Saturday.  

39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Be a shame if we go on and win this u and the haters would be very quiet all summer 

If it had been a home tie you could have blamed the dodgy boiler!!!!

47 minutes ago, beithboy said:

There have already been two instances where teams have had to forfeit a cup tie this season due to non availability of players.  

If this had happened 3 months ago there would not have been a problem postponing the tie, however, we have ten days of the season left.  And if Beith do get through on Wednesday night they could possibly have a further 4 games to play in 6 days.  

I should also also point out that this is a semi final in the second biggest cup competition which could possibly draw a big crowd on a Saturday but would not be as appealing on a Monday night say.  So it could cost Beith a bit of lost revenue.  The fixture is still showing on the SJFA website so I’m sure Beith/Cumnock already have preparations under way to host the game on Saturday.  

What would have happened if beith had won last night, were they playing two games on the Saturday?

9 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

What would have happened if beith had won last night, were they playing two games on the Saturday?

57 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Another couple of points, should not make a difference whether it’s 3 months, weeks or days ago. If you are suggesting that 3 months ago it would have been ok to postpone it should still be ok now. Also I am led to believe Cumnock have a youth tournament on at Townhead on Saturday so beats me how the game could be played there?

We would have been playing in the Ayrshire cup final, but we did not win so the SJFA have still got us playing g on Saturday and would have (possibly)  had to play 5 games in 6 days. 

But the point is we would have played when we were asked to and still will With our remaining games.  

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Another couple of points, should not make a difference whether it’s 3 months, weeks or days ago. If you are suggesting that 3 months ago it would have been ok to postpone it should still be ok now. Also I am led to believe Cumnock have a youth tournament on at Townhead on Saturday so beats me how the game could be played there?

So you think it would have been ok to ask Beith to play two semifinals and possibly two finals in 5 days? By postponing  west semifinal.  And if they had actually won last night  play  5 games in 6 days.  

4 minutes ago, beithboy said:

So you think it would have been ok to ask Beith to play two semifinals and possibly two finals in 5 days? By postponing  west semifinal.  And if they had actually won last night  play  5 games in 6 days.  

No of course not, the bigger picture is once again the mess that is the fixture list from day one of the season. Listen I will probably say a bit of naievity on our part but all we want is a fair crack o the whip, as far as I’m led to believe we have not had a response from an e mail sent first thing this morning!

Archived