Viewfield Rovers AFC 18-19

Boab17

Not been on here for a while as I had a little spell of ill health. 

The team are starting to gel after some more radical changes in the playing squad and sit 6pts off 2nd with a game in hand. For some teams that's nothing to brag about but for those that have known about our fall from grace im sure they will appreciate why we are delighted. EKYM are leading the league having won every game convincingly up until couple weeks ago where the goal rush seems to have stalled. Great team and cant see anybody catch them.

We have only lost once in the last 6 games so we are definitely improving. We face Eaglesham in the WM Turner cup this Saturday. Eaglesham are sitting second in 1(a) so its going to be difficult but we keep going. 

Big shout out to all the managers and committee members that are still going as we know how tough it is.

• 2 months later...

I have been very quiet on here recently mainly due to the fact if it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck. Beset with long term injuries a club like ours in transition just cant afford these omissions from the squad. Weve been running threadbare for some time now and its been showing we have pout in some decent performances without the results.

We took on Houston Ams last night in a friendly and I must admit the new boys we are trying to get in did really well, I know we lost 3-2 but we were so dominant in the 2nd half it easily could have been the other way. I never really talk about referees but tbh he cost us the game IMO.

Anyway, we have had a cloud hanging over our heads regarding the status of the Lease for our park, we can now happily reveal that we have secured our long term future at Viewfield and we can now put our long term plans into action. This will transform the park and the club as our youth section continues to grow.

If you no of any player that wishes to join us in our journey lol point them our way we may not be up there yet but we will be. 

• 1 month later...

Well the season comes to a close for us at Viewfield this Saturday with a home game V Holytown.  A win would let us finish 6th which is a couple places above last season and a good few above the year before, however its been a tale of 2 halves of a season. Right up to Christmas we were competing in every game, racking up points regularly. Alas, Christmas break, injuries, suspensions, player commitment etc has all transpired to have our season fizzle out with a whimper. A club like Viewfield whilst in transition can't attract a huge squad at this time so you rely on the loyalty and commitment of your players. Yeah as a manager you make mistakes and nobody bursts my balls more than myself.

The only silver lining is our u17s team is producing some fine talent and hopefully with a good few additions pre-seasons we can bring them on.