West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

This group is a reflection of football at any level these days and society in general
Nobody can accept any form of criticism or at times the cold hard truth everyone is afraid to upset someone by telling the truth
What's the point of an open football forum when the truth becomes a stranger
Give him his due despite how much I disagree with him least the legend says how he feels and how he sees it without having to sugar coat it so as not to offend the offended .

Another thing see this nonsense oh the players never gave up / the players are trying there best
I should bloody hope so as it's the least they should be doing as they are receiving a wage/payment while fans are paying to watch them so regardless of how much they receive or fans pay at the gate 100% effort should be the bare minimum.

A lot of wishy washy pish on here at times
If your playing well you take the plaudits if your not then you take the abuse on the chin that's football and football banter .
This team won't improve for these hiding either cos once Larkhall get someone in that can turn them around then 90% of they lads won't be at Larkhall cos they are simply not good enough for the level of division the club are in.
I never saw the same outpouring of crocodile tears for Newmains last season when they went the entire season without a win or barely a goal but then again there fans never came on here playing the woe is me card either

Probably because nobody goes to watch Newmains

No one gives a f**k who they have signed they are no very good and no one really cares about them 

We haven’t signed anybody Russel Grant. Whats your prediction for the mora?? Give us aw a guid laugh again

A tell you something a mind  not to long ago darvel were the whipping boys of the junior game used to always take a pumping... 

now theve imrprove for what “ever reason “ wether it being Money pumped in or actual hard graft like the rest of us  ...certain guys from them dnt half run there mouth  when you neva used to hear a peep from them back in the dark days 

A tell you something a mind  not to long ago darvel were the whipping boys of the junior game used to always take a pumping... 
now theve imrprove for what “ever reason “ wether it being Money pumped in or actual hard graft like the rest of us  ...certain guys from them dnt half run there mouth  when you neva used to hear a peep from them back in the dark days 
Money and success changes people

11 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:
1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

Money and success changes people

The same can be said about the Candy. 

Petershill must look at you as the noisy neighbours now. 

29 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Or they look at us an think wish we had the same community initiative.
Alsonif you can tell me where money has changed the candy as we have f**k all

You regularly have crowds of over 200,  you have numerous sponsors who you promote on social media, you do amazing work in the community and that has created a Grassroots movement in the locale, that has had an economic benefit, that’s allowed you to get better players and move up the leagues. 

I don’t buy you have “f**k all”  By saying that you are demeaning all the hard work that has gone into the squad and the ground  

The Peaseys have always been the establishment of course the look down on you. You are the noisy neighbours. 

Edited by Viewparker

Your right to a certain extent viewparker

crowds are up but compared to others we don't get as much sponsorship as you would think a lot of what we get done is basically done by the fans themselves.

I would argue that Rossvale have much more money coming in than us but the difference being they don't really have a support.

4 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Your right to a certain extent viewparker

crowds are up but compared to others we don't get as much sponsorship as you would think a lot of what we get done is basically done by the fans themselves.

I would argue that Rossvale have much more money coming in than us but the difference being they don't really have a support.

Your'e probably correct in that Rossvale have a regular guaranteed income from all the parents of the younger kids who play in the age group teams but I would imagine rthat most of it is also spent  on them. However they must be paying decent wages  for their junior side otherwise they would not have attracted the players .

Their fanbase is minimal, no doubt about that and whether they can continue the present model long term is in my view doubtfull.  Gartcairn come into the same category and have similarly enjoyed a quick success. It will be interesting to see if both can move up and establish themselves in the higher leagues.

13 hours ago, wylieboy said:

DL a think you said that the year we won the ADL after our first game that season emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

but back then darvel were a team,they played for one and other,they fought hard for one and other on and off the park.i think if that team were still together darvel would be further up the league than they are,and they played 4 4 2, ;)

Rossvale main Club do not pay the Juniors let me clear that up to end all the myths around this. If the Junior team wants to pay expenses/wages or buy players then they have to do that themselves. Our books are open for anyone to see, and our constitution is tied in with Sportscotland meaning we cannot pay players. So no parents are paying wages. The constant misinformed people on here should actually get their facts right before spreading malicious rumours. I can come on here and spout how other clubs are funded but won't as they are rumours that would damage good hard working people at these clubs.

Have heard we charge up to £50/60 per month per kid. Our kids pay between £18 and £40 depending whether they train one or two nights a week all on astro, 50% of games are on astro. Referees are £40 a game for kids, £40 a let for training, £80 for a game on astro, £45 for a grass pitch. We support our 19s/21s who are regarded as juveniles so they aren't paying adult rates. These boys could have been at the club 15 years. We also buy the kids kit in most cases within their monthly dues. I hope this dispels the misinformation. I am Huntershill most nights. I will show you everything you need to know about this club if anyone really wants what it takes to run a club. 

Ach mate, these things are said on social media with the sole intention of winding up the very folk that give up their own time to keep things going. Don't let it get to you.  Edited to add that I wouldn't consider Garrelburn inluded in the "troll" category...

Edited by Black Pennel
stoopidity.