West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Well said, there's enough really boring Ayrshire slagging matches on other threads, please don't spoil this thread by bringing it on here as well, especially as Maybole aren't in this league.

Well said Peter, the carry on in they Ayrshire threads is ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♂️

34 minutes ago, glensmad said:

At least Darvel are in this league. Asking if the Maybole manager has been sacked yet (as you did) is not relevant to this thread.

I actually asked on this thread hoping Terry Tibbs would see it as he knows Spank and has a good knowledge of what is happening in the local area!

Just a wee footnote to yesterday's Rutherglen Glencairn v Arthurlie match.

There was a "mild debate" around me at Glencairn's second goal, with the Arthurlie fans' opinion that it was "quite clearly offside". They didn't take too kindly to me pointing out that, as they were at least 60 yards away from the incident and on the other side of the pitch, and that I was five yards closer and couldn't possibly tell, so perhaps the linesman had a better view than they did.

After I absorbed the insults that came from either side of me with a smile, I ignored their attempts to goad me for the next few minutes, and they made their way towards the exit quietly with about eight minutes still to go.

It was pleasing to see that Gerry's video showed that the linesman got it spot on. [emoji106]

There was a "mild debate" around me at Glencairn's second goal, with the Arthurlie fans' opinion that it was "quite clearly offside". They didn't take too kindly to me pointing out that, as they were at least 60 yards away from the incident and on the other side of the pitch, and that I was five yards closer and couldn't possibly tell, so perhaps the linesman had a better view than they did.

After I absorbed the insults that came from either side of me with a smile, I ignored their attempts to goad me for the next few minutes, and they made their way towards the exit quietly with about eight minutes still to go.

It was pleasing to see that Gerry's video showed that the linesman got it spot on. [emoji106]

The video doesn’t show he got it spot on, it’s hard to actually tell if he is on or off. It was tight but given the officials performance yesterday I wouldn’t be 100% sure they got it right as they got most things wrong. Glens deserves victory but your number 4 and 5 spent the whole game trying to get opponents booked.

The video doesn’t show he got it spot on, it’s hard to actually tell if he is on or off. It was tight but given the officials performance yesterday I wouldn’t be 100% sure they got it right as they got most things wrong. Glens deserves victory but your number 4 and 5 spent the whole game trying to get opponents booked.
I think the lack of Arthurlie players claiming for offside tells its own story. Our nos. 4 & 5 (Rhys Donaldson and Stevie Kerr) had Jamie Docherty and Del McNab under control for most of the game. Docherty was eventually taken off as he was probably being sent off for his next foul after being booked for persistent fouling on Donaldson, and his frustration was beginning to show.

13 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

2nd goal was definitely a hard one to call but at the end of the day the points would still have went the same way if it hadn't stood. As for the comment about Donaldson & Kerr, they didn't need to try very hard as Arthurlie's standard dropped in the 2nd half when they lost interest in playing football and just started putting Glen's players in the air every chance they got.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

It was pleasing to see that Gerry's video showed that the linesman got it spot on. emoji106.png

You would have to be right.

i bet it’s riveting in your house!

2nd goal was definitely a hard one to call but at the end of the day the points would still have went the same way if it hadn't stood. As for the comment about Donaldson & Kerr, they didn't need to try very hard as Arthurlie's standard dropped in the 2nd half when they lost interest in playing football and just started putting Glen's players in the air every chance they got.

Well that’s not true.