West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Congratulations to Rutherglen Glencairn on winning the league. They've been knocking at the door for a few seasons now so deserve their shot in the top league.

Benburb have been amazing this year as far as I'm concerned. Was speaking to a Scottish colleague about the movements at the weekend and when I mentioned Benburb getting promoted he said, "There's a name that used to be big in the Juniors". Well, they're now a big name again. Well done to both clubs. Enjoy your summer!

Peter will turn things round once Whitletts sign his Championship winning team of a couple of years ago .
Johnstone won't leave Troon, Jardine not heading to whitletts he's other plans , Dinwoodie yes he'll maybe head to Ayr as Cumnock won't resign him, infact a think maybe Dinwoodie and possibly Cameron if he continues to play will be the only one's from his championship team, seen Peter at a few Darvel games lately so maybe looking for Darvels cast offs,

8 hours ago, Thereporter said:

Maybe they can’t play to the style and standard Peter wants, all the previous manager had them doing was long ball football.

Mark my words, he’ll do 10 times better then Greirson, as he’s 10 times the coach he was.

Never seen you slag Greirson of, strange that!

There was no reason to, we were promoted and sitting pretty in the table under Grierson. 

Now we are shit and if Peter had taken over any earlier we would have been relegated.

who is his own players like?

14 minutes ago, spit said:

Johnstone won't leave Troon, Jardine not heading to whitletts he's other plans , Dinwoodie yes he'll maybe head to Ayr as Cumnock won't resign him, infact a think maybe Dinwoodie and possibly Cameron if he continues to play will be the only one's from his championship team, seen Peter at a few Darvel games lately so maybe looking for Darvels cast offs,

Jardine is past it, Cameron is past it and I would never have Dinwoodie in my team, he’s so overrated. 

Can I take advantage of this Forum to thank all the Video Highlight Contributors who play such a vital part in providing “armchair” supporters (for whatever reason) with the opportunity to continue to follow their team.

In my case Gerry King had provided me and other Rutherglen Glencairn supporters with such detailed, unbiased imo, hightlights of our Championship winning Season.[emoji471]

Thanks Gerry. Your efforts are much appreciated, I can assure you!

3 hours ago, iPhone said:

f**k sake, you are a nosey b*****d. Was waiting on you asking who’s funeral!!

....and as for you. It’s called conversation, numbnut. You should try it sometime instead of trying so hard to be funny. You’re like an episode of Kevin & Perry. 

Well we made it over the line, by a 15-goal margin in the end. [emoji846] Ridiculously I was still nervous with half an hour to go, even though we were 5 goals ahead and Benburb needed to score another 17 goals at that point. [emoji849]

Huge credit goes to Benburb, to have got to 73 points and scored 102 goals, but not be champions, must be agonising.

The difference between Glencairn and Benburb at the end of the season has come down to the head to head matches, with Glencairn winning both games by an aggregate of 9-1. That's where the 15-goal advantage has come from, and we always had that up our sleeves in the run-in. It shows the value of our 6-0 win at Benburb in December, which must have put doubts into The Bens' players and gave our boys an enormous confidence boost.

When we played each other at our place on day one we were pleased to get a win (3-1), and I remember commenting then that Benburb will do well if they play as they did that day. I didn't see them as title contenders at that point, but they very clearly did become rivals for us very quickly.

So now we wait to see who else joins us in the Premiership, Cumbernauld United or Rossvale.

And commiserations to Girvan who are now officially relegated.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

....and as for you. It’s called conversation, numbnut. You should try it sometime instead of trying so hard to be funny. You’re like an episode of Kevin & Perry. 

That’s shit, Kevin & Perry, that’s 2 people. 

This weekend's fixtures :-

Friday

St Roch's (10th) v Cumbernauld United (3rd)

Saturday

Dalry Thistle (11th) v Rossvale (4th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Girvan (14th)

Neilston Juniors (8th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Your thoughts ?

Jardine is past it, Cameron is past it and I would never have Dinwoodie in my team, he’s so overrated. 

Dinwoodie will be at whittlets watch this space, yes Jardine and Cameron are both at the end of there careers but the post said when he signs his old championship winning team, am only highlighting that those 4 players were a massive part of Peters success at Girvan,